17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 251

0 members and 251 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Alfred Williams Leaves KKFN 104.3 FM (The Fan) After 15 Years. Rumored To Be Going To KOA 850 AM/94.1 FM. UPDATE: Tom Nalen replaces him on "The Drive".

From Radio Insight:

After seventeen years with Bonneville Sports “104.3 The Fan” KKFN Longmont/Denver, Alfred ‘Big Al’ Williams has exited the station. A former University of Colorado and Denver Broncos player, Williams has been co-hosting “The Drive” with Darren McKee in afternoons from 3-6pm (and replayed 6-9pm) at KKFN. KKFN released the following statement regarding Williams’ departure.

Sports Radio 104.3 The Fan announces that Alfred “Big Al” Williams has chosen to leave the station effective today.

We thank Alfred for his many contributions during his years with The Fan and wish him the best in his future endeavors. pic.twitter.com/itk9j4TJMB

— 104.3 The FAN (@1043TheFan) February 28, 2019

No word on if Williams will reappear in the market which features a crowded Sports talk landscape including KSE Media’s recently promoted from AM to FM “Altitude Sports Radio 92.5” KKSE-FM, iHeartMedia’s all-Broncos “Orange & Blue 760” KDSP, and 4Ks LLLP’s “Mile High Sports” 1340 KDCO/104.7 K284CI.

Williams is also the third prominent employee to leave Bonneville Denver in recent months following KKFN Program Director Armen Williams and Country 98.5 KYGO Program Director John E. Kage.

more

Default Alfred Williams Leaves KKFN To Go To KOA

From All Access:

BONNEVILLE Sports KKFN (104.3 THE FAN)/DENVER afternoon "THE DRIVE" co-host and former BRONCOS linebacker ALFRED WILLIAMS has exited, the station has announced. WILLIAMS hosted the afternoon show with DARREN MCKEE.

Could BIG AL be headed across town to another cluster?

From KKFN's Twitter: https://twitter.com/1043TheFan/statu...40787902312448

Sports Radio 104.3 The Fan announces that Alfred “Big Al” Williams has chosen to leave the station effective today.

We thank Alfred for his many contributions during his years with The Fan and wish him the best in his future endeavors.

more

Default Alfred Williams Leaves KKFN To Go To KOA

Just keeping sports talk in this thread...Alfred Williams left the Fan. Klis on Twitter is saying he left to go to KOA to join Lewis & Logan.

Wow, that's big. Big Al! LOL.
    I'll break this off into a new thread!

From 9 News: https://www.9news.com/article/sports...headed-for-koa

Big Al leaves The Fan, headed for KOA
    Former CU and Broncos star Alfred Williams shakes up the Colorado talk radio world.

In a stunning development within the Denver radio sports talk landscape, Big Al has left The Fan.

Alfred Williams, the popular co-host with Darren McKee on The Drive, has left the all-sports station KKFN 104.3 The Fan that devotes the bulk of its day-long conversation to the Broncos. The Fan made the announcement Thursday afternoon on its Twitter account.

After honoring a non-compete clause in his contract, Williams – who is known for his booming laugh, outsized, enthusiastic personality and the occasional out-of-left field opinions – will eventually work for KOA (850 AM/94.1 FM).

Williams, 50, was a standout on the University of Colorado Buffalo teams that played in back-to-back national championship games following the 1989-90 seasons, and the Denver Broncos during their back-to-back Super Bowl title seasons of 1997-98.

He found a successful second career in broadcasting as he just finished up his 15th year with The Fan.

"I owe my whole career to Bob Call and he was the most important thing in this entire process," Williams said of Bonneville International’s general manager. "He’s the reason I stayed through all the other negotiations and by the end of these contract negotiations, I didn’t have confidence that Bob would be the general manager anymore because he would retire.

"I’ve had runs from major companies in the past, but to stay with Bob and learn how to do radio the right way, and the way you treat people doing it, those were lessons learned from a great man. I’m getting emotional thinking of it because he’s meant that much to me."

The past 10 years, Big Al teamed with 'D-Mac' in the 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. time slot that has consistently been the No. 1-rated sports show among men, aged 25 to 54. There were times when their shows were so entertaining, they sounded like they were having a party and their listeners were invited. There were other times when Big Al and D-Mac would engage in captivating verbal tussles.

"I mean, I love the guy," Williams said of McKee. "Our kids grew up together since they were in first grade. He lives a mile away from me. He gave me a ride home after many shows. Hopefully, we can get the band back together at some point."

Raj Sharan, The Fan’s program director, said a search has already begun to find Big Al's replacement.

"I’m so thankful to Alfred for everything he’s meant to the station and me personally, and I wish him the absolute best going forward," Sharan said. "This is an extremely exciting opportunity that has already generated interest across the country and I’m confident we will find an entertaining and informative host that all of Broncos Country will be able to enjoy on their ride home."

Meanwhile, when Williams is cleared to work with KOA (non-competes generally last six months, which would put his start-up date around the start of the Broncos' 2019 season) he figures to team with two other local radio talk-show icons in Dave Logan and Rick Lewis, although the exact details of his new job has not yet been worked out.

"I'm unbelievably excited about the possibility of having Big Al on our team as a broadcaster, a talent and a man,'' said Tim Hager, region president of IHeartMedia. "Right now, I just respect Bob (Call) and Bonneville and everything they have going on as they transition from that great broadcaster and talent and man. Much more to come, but really exciting times.''

Tom Nalen will be Alfred's permanent replacement on "The Drive".
    http://1043thefan.com/2081009/tom-na...-1043-the-fan/

It is rumored that Tom Nalen will be leaving as co-host of "The Drive" in October.
    Nick Ferguson and Tyler Polumbus will replace him.

Alfred Williams 6 month non-compete should be up in the next week.
    So you should hear him on KOA very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    It is rumored that Tom Nalen will be leaving as co-host of "The Drive" in October.
    Nick Ferguson and Tyler Polumbus will replace him.
    It's official https://www.westword.com/news/d-mac-...e-fan-11462753

Default Alfred Williams Joins KOA/Denver For Afternoons

From All Access:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AlfredWilliams2019.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	1046

As anticipated when he left BONNEVILLE Sports KKFN (104.3 THE FAN)/DENVER in FEBRUARY and sat out a noncompete, former DENVER BRONCOS linebacker ALFRED WILLIAMS has joined iHEARTMEDIA News-Talk KOA-A-K231BQ-K231AA/DENVER to co-host afternoons with JOJO TURNBEAUGH.

"BIG AL & JOJO" will air 3-7p (MT) beginning SEPTEMBER 3rd; the nightly "BRONCOS COUNTRY TONIGHT" with RYAN EDWARDS and BENJAMIN ALBRIGHT will continue 7-11p weeknights.

“There’s no bigger voice and no bigger laugh in afternoon radio than ALFRED WILLIAMS,” said iHEARTMEDIA DENVER President TIM HAGER. “We are honored to welcome Big Al and his legions of fans to KOA 850 AM & 94.1 FM. BIG AL joins an expanded live and local lineup that truly embodies KOA’s new slogan, ‘The Voice of COLORADO.’”

more

Thread Information