17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 163

0 members and 163 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    The latest update is they're now saying August 1 is their launch date.
    3 months after their initial on-air date... that's a lot... I guess my post about being lucky to go on by June 1st was a little conservative.

I was looking at their coverage since I used to live in the Springs 25 years ago and their transmitter is east of Walsenburg and is lucky to cover any of the Springs with a decent signal.
    It also looks like there's a translator at 101.1FM that is broadcasting from Cheyenne Mountain that would interfere.

Can anyone in the Springs confirm about their (the 101.3FM signal) coverage in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    3 months after their initial on-air date... that's a lot... I guess my post about being lucky to go on by June 1st was a little conservative.

I was looking at their coverage since I used to live in the Springs 25 years ago and their transmitter is east of Walsenburg and is lucky to cover any of the Springs with a decent signal.
    It also looks like there's a translator at 101.1FM that is broadcasting from Cheyenne Mountain that would interfere.

Can anyone in the Springs confirm about their (the 101.3FM signal) coverage in the past?
    The station had a clear signal over 60-70% of Colorado Springs, though it was spotty in parts of downtown. Two years ago, I mentioned that their stereo exciter may have been turned off to get more range since there were comments about poor audio.

The station is now planning to launch next Monday, the 19th, per their Facebook page:

"We're all set here! Studios are set up and running.... engineer will be making final adjustments Tues or Weds. Gonna tell everyone we'll be broadcasting in a day or two... and will make an official launch next Monday!"

Quote Originally Posted by jtr115 View Post
    The station is now planning to launch next Monday, the 19th, per their Facebook page:

"We're all set here! Studios are set up and running.... engineer will be making final adjustments Tues or Weds. Gonna tell everyone we'll be broadcasting in a day or two... and will make an official launch next Monday!"
    I wish him luck! i hope he can tons of accounts and get tons of listeners! Glad to see that someone is taking that confusing station into the right direction for once? Now people well know what the format is for once in it's history!
    This post came from Radiodude!

Gnarly is broadcasting on auto-pilot for the moment. I just heard music with no station or legal IDs when I listened earlier today. The station's website now says the official kickoff will be on August 26th.

Even in southern Colorado Springs, the signal was a bit muddy, especially in areas without a clear line-of-sight to the south. I heard an infrequent cut in from the 101.1 FM repeater for KZNT when I was on the west end of town. The transmitter may still be getting tuned up, so that may or may not make a difference come next week.

Thread Information