17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 234

0 members and 234 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Smile Hello

Hi,

I thought I would take some time right now to be the first person to introduce myself. I'm Chase and some of you probably know me already from DR.net I've lived in Colorado for 15 years and I'm originally from Texas.

I'm looking foward to chatting about Radio & TV with all of you on this nice new site. Also, if you guys decide you need more Moderators please let me know
    Last edited by Chase; June 13th, 2012 at 10:17 PM.

Chris K. aka Goat here. Long time radio vet in NoCo - going back to '77. Long time musician, foh sound engineer, talent consultant, radio show producer and more ... currently produce The Colorado Sound, now heard on 5 stations around the state. More bio at my site.

Glad to see I could pick a cleaner background than the blue on black. Good luck with your site here.

Nice to see you both here!

Hi. Xdgdj here. Hung up the headphones after 38 years, 21 of them at Jones/Dial Global.

Default About me

As you all know, I have been active on DRN for many years.. My real age is 37, and I have been interested in radio for many many years. I even had the pleasure of meeting Chris K(which was a kicker for me).

I still like radio and I am hoping some year, I can get into radio (some how). I am also the Moderator on this new site as well for once! I am glad to have helped out Rob on getting this going and I am glad that alot of you have given ColoradoMedia.net a chance.
    This is going to be a much better site then DRN by far! It well be kept up to date to.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Hi everyone, SirKit here! I'm an escapee from the DR.net site, where I may still add my voice from time-to-time if the topic moves me. Most of the topics there have moved me to this site. I hope we can keep it positive around here, and have a good sprinkling of topics authored by many, many people, rather than being the soapbox of one person.

My background is in radio, as an AT/MD/all-news anchor/syndie'd show producer at several small, medium and large market radio stations, mostly on the east coast and midwest, nothing much out here (so far). I did TV operations, production and post-production in NYC and was also a print news reporter/features & entertainment writer for a few NYC community newspapers and chains. I also got experience doing major concert booking and promotion, and managed a band, when I was in college in upstate New York, back in the neolithic age.

I transferred out here from New York in 2003, for a good gig that didn't last more than a couple years at a major TV/satellite MSO. My media career was in bloom in NYC, but has been dead on the vine in Colorado. I have started work on a number of projects which I hope may catapult me back into at least one of my former media careers, or a new one, here, there or elsewhere.

I have lived in Lone Tree and Loveland since arriving in Colorado, and now reside in the heart of picturesque Aurora. Whee!

Cheers, radiodude!
    Last edited by SirKit; June 16th, 2012 at 10:46 AM.

Hello!

John Ravetti a.k.a. jtr115 here. I'm currently a part-time weekend board operator and announcer at NPR affiliate KRCC 91.5 FM in Colorado Springs. My previous experience includes 7 years as a local news writer for Westwood One/Metro Networks, about a year as a fill-in board operator/announcer at the old KRDO/KSKX and 1-1/2 years as a board operator for Business Talk Radio.

My voice has also been heard briefly in the past on KILO and KIKX (internships,) along with any station which played my audio stories from Metro Networks (mainly KRDO and KVOR.)

I've lived in Colorado Springs most of my life, moving here when I was 6 years old. I'd love to find weekday work locally to supplement my weekend job.
    Last edited by jtr115; June 17th, 2012 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Adding information

Default Hi!

I'm Russ Johnson (aka DrRuss). I grew up addicted to AM Top 40 stations, and always dreamed about being on the radio. I got my ham license in the mid-90's (KB0VBS) and have done some storm spotting with that. In 2005, I finally had an opportunity to get into broadcast radio and have been hosting Shrink Rap (around UNC Sports) on KFKA.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDoc View Post
    I'm Russ Johnson (aka DrRuss). I grew up addicted to AM Top 40 stations, and always dreamed about being on the radio. I got my ham license in the mid-90's (KB0VBS) and have done some storm spotting with that. In 2005, I finally had an opportunity to get into broadcast radio and have been hosting Shrink Rap (around UNC Sports) on KFKA.
    Welcome to ColoradoMedia.net Russ

Welcome!

Thread Information