17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 222

0 members and 222 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    93.7 FM is still simulcasting KCKK. What time Monday is the iHeart takeover of 93.7 FM happening? As of 8am Monday, it hasn't happened...
    Huh? Yet the late late Hal been telling everyone to go to AM. (If that ever happened). I doubt it if anyone would tune into 1510 whenever Iheartradio decides to take over 93.7 signal? Makes the question? Did this sale ever happen? Does Iheartradio even have that signal? Yes, why would Janice do this? She just cut her own throat with this? She has actually killed her station. Who would listen to AM?!?! Who? I think most of the people would switch to streaming the station now? Since they most likely have it in their head that 93.7 is taken over? I see most of her accounts well dissapear, who would want to keep their business on an AM station now that has a weak signal?
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Sad to see that someone is hijacking the KCKK Facebook thread for Hal's retirement by attacking the owner of KCKK for selling 93.7 FM.
    It is sad to see him go, now Hal is go and The ROCK moved in! I wonder if he is doing double duty now? This was not a good business move for Janice. What was she thinking?

According to the KCKK Facebook page, Tomorrow Morning (Wednesday 7/3), KCKK will drop the 93.7FM simulcast. iHeart must have something in the works for a pending format flip of KDFD 760AM on Wednesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by svigil View Post
    According to the KCKK Facebook page, Tomorrow Morning (Wednesday 7/3), KCKK will drop the 93.7FM simulcast. iHeart must have something in the works for a pending format flip of KDFD 760AM on Wednesday morning.
    I didn't see anything like that on their FB page?? So Wednesday huh? I hope someone on here well tell us all on what they hear on 93.7 then?
    or they could put that PRIDE radio on 93.7? Ever thought about that?

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    I didn't see anything like that on their FB page?? So Wednesday huh? I hope someone on here well tell us all on what they hear on 93.7 then?
    or they could put that PRIDE radio on 93.7? Ever thought about that?
    On the Visitor posts section of their FB someone asked when they would be dropping the Simulcast from 93.7 and to only be on 92.9 FM and 1510 AM that's where they said that tomorrow morning they would just be on 1510 and the 92.9 translator.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    On the Visitor posts section of their FB someone asked when they would be dropping the Simulcast from 93.7 and to only be on 92.9 FM and 1510 AM that's where they said that tomorrow morning they would just be on 1510 and the 92.9 translator.
    That is what Jimmy rock announced on Saturday to.
    He told everyone to go to 1510. The sale did not happen or what?

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    That is what Jimmy rock announced on Saturday to.
    He told everyone to go to 1510. The sale did not happen or what?
    The application for the sale was granted by the FCC back on June 20

Interesting KCKK isn't running promos getting people to move to 1510 AM and that the 93.7 FM option will be going away. I would've been doing that for 2-4 weeks before the change. It's a HUGE oversight.

Unless their deal with iHeart doesn't allow them to, and the Breeze will be on 93.7FM...
    iHeart could even put Pride radio (like Radiodude mentioned) or anything on 93.7FM that is on an HD channel they own or whatever 760 AM ends up being.

Because we aren't sure what will happen until it does, I have moved the posts mostly concerning 93.7FM's status and news to the 93.7FM thread.

I'll certainly post what is on 93.7FM tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Also earlier today just for fun I did a search for 937thebreeze.com and it too was registered on the same day the "Freedom 93.7" Domain was registered which was was Yesterday. Though from what I can tell it seems that IHeart has slowed down on launching The Breeze format on their stations and so I think Freedom looks more likely. https://www.whois.com/whois/937thebreeze.com
    Well that would make more sense since they changed call letters to more represent the word freedom? KDFD? Also keep this in mind? Iheart is also actively spreading their "PRIDE RADIO" around to.
    They could also put Pride on 93.7 to?

The other thing about KCKK (The Rock), in addition to not running on-air promos like they should to let listeners know that 93.7FM is going away and to tune to 1510AM, is that 1510therock.com is not registered. Their only web site is based on the 937 frequency.

And they haven't changed any of their graphics to remove the 93.7 from them.

Their station liners ARE saying 1510 and not 93.7. So there's that.

I find it all very strange.

Will they go dark?

I guess we will find out soon how things will shake out. Stay tuned as they say!

Thread Information