17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 164

0 members and 164 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Jason Thomas Joins Indie 102.3 Denver For Afternoons

From Radio Insight:

Colorado Public Radio AAA “Indie 102.3” KVOQ Greenwood Village/Denver has appointed Jason Thomas as afternoon host.

Thomas joins KVOQ from Entercom AAA 93.1 WXRT Chicago, where he most recently hosted “The Big Beat” from 10pm-12am on Mondays and served as a weekend/fill-in host. He previously hosted afternoons at WXRT from 2006-2018. Thomas also previously hosted nights at “101.5 The Zone” KZON Phoenix and late-nights at “Live 105” KITS San Francisco.

Thomas will succeed outgoing APD/MD Jessi Whitten in afternoons. Whitten is joining the Levitt Pavilion in Denver as Director of Development and Marketing.

Indie 102.3 has hired music industry professional and radio veteran Jason Thomas as its newest host who will cover the afternoon drive starting on February 5th.

“We are thrilled to have Jason join our Indie 102.3 team. His background and success in the radio world will be incredible assets to both the station and Colorado’s music scene,” said Program Director Willobee Carlan. “He has an obsession for music that is truly contagious, and I can’t wait to see how that translates onto our airwaves.”

Thomas has nearly two decades of radio experience at stations across the country, including his recent twelve year stint as afternoon host at Chicago’s iconic Triple A WXRT. There, he also hosted and curated the station’s weekly new music show, “The Big Beat.” His resume also includes on-air positions at KZON in Phoenix and KITS in San Francisco.

“The team at Indie 102.3 has been incredibly welcoming, and it’s been eye-opening to see how committed everyone is to Colorado and its music scene,” said Thomas. “I can’t think of a station/city combo that’s a better fit for me, and I’m excited to work and learn alongside a team that’s loaded with true music junkies that want to serve and connect with our listeners.”

more

Thread Information