17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 260

0 members and 260 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Nice find. I am swinging towards them doing The Breeze on 93.7FM. They have voice tracking on the 106.7FM HD-2 "The Breeze" that is custom to Denver now... so it is ready to go. And they can keep the existing KCKK listeners, since the format isn't too different. Who knows though. LOL

How long does it usually take for the FCC to approve a sale like this? What is the best estimate when iHeart will take over the 93.7 frequency?

I would say in 3-4 months from when they filed.

"The Breeze" is no longer on 106.7FM HD-2. They took the HD-2 channel totally down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I would say in 3-4 months from when they filed.

"The Breeze" is no longer on 106.7FM HD-2. They took the HD-2 channel totally down.
    it was on a day or so ago. Maybe they having problems with the HD channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Also earlier today just for fun I did a search for 937thebreeze.com and it too was registered on the same day the "Freedom 93.7" Domain was registered which was was Yesterday. Though from what I can tell it seems that IHeart has slowed down on launching The Breeze format on their stations and so I think Freedom looks more likely. https://www.whois.com/whois/937thebreeze.com
    I have been thinking about this alot? I have been wondering? Why in the world would Iheartradio go for Hunts broadcasting main translator? Why not go after someone else's translator? Why would Janice do this for? She just celebrated 5 yrs of being on the air, and all of the sudden she does this!?!? Why? It makes really no sense what so ever?
    There are other translator's around Denver that Iheartmedia could have bought, so why her's?

She is going to loose alot of listeners and advertisers to! The 92.9 signal is weak, since The bear is on that same frequency. It's just broadcasting to Boulder only and no where else? No one is going to listen to 1510 at all! To sell her main signal, how dumb is that to do?
    Oh and next week is the deadline on that closing of 93.7..
    Last edited by radiodude; May 16th, 2019 at 09:48 PM.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    I have been thinking about this alot? I have been wondering? Why in the world would Iheartradio go for Hunts broadcasting main translator? Why not go after someone else's translator? Why would Janice do this for? She just celebrated 5 yrs of being on the air, and all of the sudden she does this!?!? Why? It makes really no sense what so ever?
    There are other translator's around Denver that Iheartmedia could have bought, so why her's?

She is going to loose alot of listeners and advertisers to! The 92.9 signal is weak, since The bear is on that same frequency. It's just broadcasting to Boulder only and no where else? No one is going to listen to 1510 at all! To sell her main signal, how dumb is that to do?
    Oh and next week is the deadline on that closing of 93.7..
    iHeart probably bought it because it was for sale - nobody else is selling their translators (that we know of) and 93.7FM has decent coverage.

How do you know that next week is the deadline for closing? I think it will take much longer for the FCC to approve it.

Ok, I think I misread that post on pg one.
    Why in the world would Janice sell her main singal?
    She just signed a death warrant for her station.
    Once this is done she well loose listeners and advertisers.
    No one well listen to AM!
    This is a very dumb move on her part.

Ok, I think I misread that post on pg one.
    Why in the world would Janice sell her main singal?
    She just signed a death warrant for her station.
    Once this is done she well loose listeners and advertisers.
    No one well listen to AM!
    This is a very dumb move on her part.

Maybe the signal is worth more than the revenue its bringing in? If it's not making the money and you can cash out, might as well go for it. Can't run a business at a loss for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Maybe the signal is worth more than the revenue its bringing in? If it's not making the money and you can cash out, might as well go for it. Can't run a business at a loss for fun.
    We all know how she made The ROCK from day one? An afforable radio station for local advertisers.. Plus, I always took her to be some what on the wealthy side? Who has that kind of cash to buy out a radio signal and a it's tower? She has to be well off in order to do that? It's not like she is strap for cash?
    Even though she has fired alot of people in the past?
    She has to be wealthy.

We all know how she made The ROCK from day one? An afforable radio station for local advertisers.. Plus, I always took her to be some what on the wealthy side? Who has that kind of cash to buy out a radio signal and a it's tower? She has to be well off in order to do that? It's not like she is strap for cash?
    Even though she has fired alot of people in the past?
    She has to be wealthy.
    We have no idea about anyone's wealth. They could've taken every dollar they had and then some for this business.
    You just don't know.

The fact is it's VERY expensive to own and run a radio station... even more for one that is independent from having the advantages of a cluster or a corporation who can bankroll a lot more things. Or can afford undercut the competition in ad rates for longer.

I have big respect that they were able to do it for 5 years. The market is very competitive.

They may have had to sell the translator to stay in business enough just to keep the 1510AM signal going or pay off existing loans. We just don't know their situation or plans.

I do know as a person who went all in on a station in the past, I bet they didn't make the decision to sell 93.7FM lightly since I bet they poured their hearts and souls into "The Rock".

Hopefully they will be able to get another FM translator or two in place and keep going after the transfer of 93.7FM happens. We will just have to see what happens.

It sucks that things have changed so much in the last 20-30 years in radio where we are losing most of the independent radio station owners. Consolidation and the whole Telcom '96 bill didn't make radio better in my opinion.

Thread Information