17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 201

0 members and 201 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Agree and agreed. I've grown to hate the fan.

As for the tower and signal, if they turn stereo off like fm talk stations do, that'll help. Most stations suck approaching Castle Rock (I live there).
    You think that 92.5 can hurt 104.3? You know? It might be able to? Since the signal can't reach that far south to Castle Rock, or in south Denver? That is where they well fail, plus don't forget?
    Past the Tech Center, there is a station that can interfere with 92.5.. Called 92.9 The Peak! Any stations out of Colorado Springs that far south! So yeah people living in Castle Rock well have a hard time picking up 92.5!
    Just like what happened to KJAC, tower is here in the north, studios was in south Denver, and of course not everyone could pick up 105.5 down that far south! Now if they are smart, they would try to get a repeater installed to carry the signal further south! Don't ever expect to hear 92.5 far south.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    You think that 92.5 can hurt 104.3? You know? It might be able to? Since the signal can't reach that far south to Castle Rock, or in south Denver? That is where they well fail, plus don't forget?
    Past the Tech Center, there is a station that can interfere with 92.5.. Called 92.9 The Peak! Any stations out of Colorado Springs that far south! So yeah people living in Castle Rock well have a hard time picking up 92.5!
    Just like what happened to KJAC, tower is here in the north, studios was in south Denver, and of course not everyone could pick up 105.5 down that far south! Now if they are smart, they would try to get a repeater installed to carry the signal further south! Don't ever expect to hear 92.5 far south.
    You're not wrong but I live in Castle Rock and the Fan struggles signal wise here too. At work in Centennial k get both no problem. But time will tell I guess.

More then likley there won't be! Why change it? If all they want to do is broadcast some games every now then like alot of FM stations are doing this year,
    why dump the Country format? It's good that they decided to do this, but I wondering why they chose 92.5 and not like KXKL or KIMN to do sports on? hummm.
    KXKL and KIMN are MUCH higher rated in the radio ratings than "The Wolf", so that's why they chose 92.5 to change. KSE even said at the time that the reason why they purchased their Denver FM stations years ago was to change one of them to a sports format.

Mix 100 is an awful station. The only people who i know who listen are women who haven't touched their radio dials in 15 years. I do like KOOL 105 tho and will somewhat miss the Wolf. With sports on 92.5 its unlikely i'll listen unless their is a Wyoming football game on like there was Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    KXKL and KIMN are MUCH higher rated in the radio ratings than "The Wolf", so that's why they chose 92.5 to change. KSE even said at the time that the reason why they purchased their Denver FM stations years ago was to change one of them to a sports format.
    Yeah exactly one of them! I don't think anyone would have missed the 80's format on KOOL? I am stilll at awed that they chosen to tell everyone to go to 106.7 The Bull? Instead of like KYGO? Why the Bull?
    I wonder now how Sports well do in the ratings for 92.5? Well it work or not work? Well they be able to keep most the accounts or not?

Yeah exactly one of them! I don't think anyone would have missed the 80's format on KOOL? I am stilll at awed that they chosen to tell everyone to go to 106.7 The Bull? Instead of like KYGO? Why the Bull?
    I wonder now how Sports well do in the ratings for 92.5? Well it work or not work? Well they be able to keep most the accounts or not?
    Like Josh said The goal for doing sports on 92.5 is to take down 104.3 The Fan and they don't want Bonneville gaining listeners that's why it's saying go to 106.7 The Bull for New Country.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Like Josh said The goal for doing sports on 92.5 is to take down 104.3 The Fan and they don't want Bonneville gaining listeners that's why it's saying go to 106.7 The Bull for New Country.
    Really? They want to try to take on The fan that has been on the air for yrs? The Bull trying to take on KYGO? What is wrong with these companies trying to take on other radio companies? Can't they just do a format because that is what the public wants and needs? Not that we need this at all! They have to think of that and the ratings, and try to bring in money from local advertisers! This is like crazy and stupid really? The Fan has their programming that has been going on for years, and KYGO as we know is a legendary station that has been around for decades! The bull is different, but the programming is nuts and they don;t let the personalities to talk much on the air at all! They are 100% dedicated to music instead of letting their people talk on the air much!

The Fan has their programming that has been going on for years, and KYGO as we know is a legendary station that has been around for decades!
    To be honest, the Fan went all in on the Broncos a couple years ago and left the other teams behind. That's what Altitude really wants to overcome. They want to fill the void there. Kroenke wants a voice for his teams and all teams in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    To be honest, the Fan went all in on the Broncos a couple years ago and left the other teams behind. That's what Altitude really wants to overcome. They want to fill the void there. Kroenke wants a voice for his teams and all teams in town.
    Well? That would be a tough programming to do there! Let's see Fan has 2.something rating, not much to go after to them? That is chicken fee.. And they want to fill avoid by airing allot of teams when the games last about 4 hrs at most? I hope the sports pd is a great programmer to figure out the time slots for all of this? There is so much time in the given days to air games and talk about sports and stuff. Plus, 92.5 Studios wasn't exactly built to do sports at all? I wonder how they well over come that? To bad that they didn't think about this to much? They can use HD 2 side to keepo the Wolf going! Or just put the Wolf on line only?
    I hope get some good accounts to air during the breaks.
    Keep in mind The fan proably lost most of the broncos when 760 went with the Broncos 24/7.

Long live the WOLF. *RIP*, and long live music on 92.5, its gone forever.
    I do give this so called Idea one yr to last, I truly don't think they well get good ratings out of this!
    If the new owner had any common sense he would have not have done this, but to find another format to air on 92.5, and hire new people. Instead he had this idea. Sports on 92.5, to compete against a 2.5 rating station (KKFN)?
    Again not trying to be mean over this, just thinking that he made a major mistake by doing this.

Thread Information