16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 227

0 members and 227 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,611
Threads: 25,913
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,950)
Welcome to our newest member, Noname

Visitor Map

Default Carrie Evans Resigns As Program Director Of WTMD

From Radio Insight:

Carrie Evans has announced her resignation as Program Director of Baltimore Public Media AAA 89.7 WTMD Towson/Baltimore MD.
    Evans had been on family leave the past few months to help care for her family after her father passed away in December.
    Hi. Hi. Hi. I have missed you so much. More than you know.
    Many of you have reached out with well wishes, thank you, and questions which I will try and answer now.
    Sadly, in December my beloved Dad, Sam, whose record collection had a lot to do with my career path, passed away. As a member of the sandwich generation, I suddenly found myself torn between my work responsibilities and the growing needs of my family. With the support of the Baltimore Public Media team, I took some time off to spend with my loved ones and assess the necessities required of my new normal.
    My family?s needs have proven very challenging and even though I do so with a heavy heart I have made the difficult decision to step away from my position at WTMD to prioritize my family.
    I know many of you face similar challenges and the difficult decisions that go with them. I only hope you are surrounded by a team of friends and colleagues as supporting and loving as this crew. I am indebted to the patience and grace of my WTMD and WYPR family.
    As you know I am a total music nerd, a fanatic some might say, a proud champion and cheerleader for local artists, and, proudly, a lifelong Marylander. As such, I am just as big a fan of WTMD as you are, and it has been my great honor to serve you and the music community of Baltimore and beyond.
    I will not say goodbye because as Wilco said, “You never know.” So, it’s take care and rock on!
    Until we meet again, much love, Carrie.
    Evans had joined WTMD in 2019 as afternoon host and grabbed the Program Director role in June 2022 after nearly a year as Interim PD. Prior to joining WTMD, she spent fifteen years at AAA 103.1 WRNR-FM Grasonville/Annapolis MD eventually rising to Music Director and midday host.
    APD/afternoon host Tyler LaPorte will serve as Interim Program Director.

more

Thread Information