17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 171

0 members and 171 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,051
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,091)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Denver radio personality Pat McNulty dials in on his passion for the airwaves

From the Denver Post:

At 56, Pat McNulty has been a fixture on the Denver broadcasting scene for 30 years. His résumé reads like a quick history of Mile High radio.

Starting in 1982, he had a six-year run as program director at KADX, Denver's last commercial jazz station. Then it was on to KOSI, where he was morning drive-time host, followed by a stint at KVOD. Starting in 1999, he spent a decade as a midday and afternoon deejay at KEZW (1430 AM), where he is now a guest host.

McNulty is also the booth announcer at KMGH-TV (Channel 7), Denver's ABC affiliate. He's the one with the rich, mellifluous voice announcing station breaks and sponsorships. Maybe you've heard that same voice in ads for DuPont

A Cleveland native, McNulty moved to Colorado in his early teens, graduating in 1974 from Wheat Ridge High School.

The music bug bit him early.

"I just loved listening to the radio growing up," he says. "I was the kid who had the transistor radio under the pillow. "

His early passion was '60s soul — the Temptations, Four Tops and Aretha Franklin among his favorites.

That led to jazz.

"I could pick 10 great jazz pianists I love and 10 great trumpet players, but when it comes to the alto sax, Johnny Hodges is my number-one guy," he says. "His tone slays me to this day."

McNulty is also a writer. Earlier this year he self-published his first novel, "Great Music Radio.com." A new one is underway.
    McNulty lives with his wife, Carol. They have three children, the youngest a high-school sophomore.

"Yes, I had a kid at age 40," McNulty says with a laugh. "I used to pass by Planned Parenthood and go, 'I wonder what the hell that means?'"

More

Thread Information