17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 166

0 members and 166 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default WPOI (Hot 101.5)/Tampa PD John E. Kage Departs To Program KYGO/Denver

From All Access:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	johnekage2016.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	879

COX MEDIA GROUP (CMG) Top 40 WPOI (HOT 101.5)/TAMPA PD JOHN E. KAGE is heading to BONNEVILLE Country KYGO/DENVER to assume the PD chair, vacant since EDDIE HASKELL announced hisannounced his resignation last MONTH (NET NEWS 8/4). The move marks a return to the MILE HIGH city for KAGE, who programmed ENTERCOM Top 40 KQKS there until taking the PD chair at COX Top 40 WPOI/TAMPA last NOVEMBER (NET NEWS 11/24). "Under JOHN E.’s leadership, the success of KQKS speaks for itself with record ratings, billing, and in 2014 a MARCONI Award for Top 40 Station of the Year," said KYGO GM BOB CALL. "He has helped WPOI surge in its ratings position, as well. I knew JOHN E. was my guy when this opportunity came up. I can’t wait to welcome JOHN E and his son ASHTON back home to DENVER and BONNEVILLE INTERNATIONAL." The move is also a reunion for KAGE and CALL. KQKS and KYGO were previously clustermates, prior to then-owner LINCOLN FINANCIAL's sale to ENTERCOM. The two stations were ultimately separated upon BONNEVILLE's acquisition of KYGO, and soon after, KAGE took the job at WPOI/TAMPA. “My experience in TAMPA at CMG with HOT 101.5 and 97X has been the most rewarding of my career,” KAGE tells ALL ACCESS. “It’s a true family here with talented people in every area, and all the tools you could ever hope for as a programmer. It’s the happiest I have ever been in radio. But my ability to be the kind of father to my son I that need to be is not the same as it was in DENVER. Being the caring people they are in this company, they understood that, and while disappointed, allowed me to pursue my home. That pursuit has come to fruition as I assume the PD role of KYGO in DENVER. I return home with my son to work with one of the greatest Country brands in AMERICA. I was lucky to come here, learn, and grow. I am also lucky to return. See you soon, DENVER!” KAGE will begin his new role at KYGO in OCTOBER. - See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar....bzHw6dGl.dpuf

more

Thread Information