17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 173

0 members and 173 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Kelly Ford leaving KYGO

Kelly Ford appears to be leaving KYGO. She teased a Big Announcement on KYGO on her Facebook Fan page this morning and I missed it but according to some of the comments on her page it does look like she is in fact no longer going to be on KYGO. However, what I'm not sure about is if this was a decision she made on her own or she was simply shown the door. No word yet on who will be her replacement.
    Last edited by Chase; August 31st, 2012 at 08:54 AM.

Default Ostrow: Denver radio host Kelly Ford leaves KYGO

From the Denver Post:

Kelly Ford, a radio fixture in Denver for 20 years on ratings powerhouse country station KYGO, signed off Friday, telling listeners through tears that it is "time for a change."

"Today is my last day on the air at KYGO. It's a mutual decision," she said.

A 10-minute farewell is posted on the station's site.

"I think it's time for both of us to make a change," she said. "Twenty years is an awesome run, it's longer than most marriages."

Morning show co-host Rider left the station in July; Ford handled the duties solo since then. Now a complete revamp is underway.

Not many radio station management teams allow talent to issue on-air farewells, Ford noted. She thanked her employers and past morning show partners including Mudflap, Ed Greene, The Waking Crew and Amanda Valentine.

"She's been a big part of the radio station," said program director John "JT" Thomas, who appeared on the final show with Ford, along with Bob Call, longtime general manager of the Lincoln Financial station. "She's going to do fine."

The station has put out the word that it is looking for a new morning show and expects to be innundated with national applicants.

Ford is under contract and restricted from talking to the press. She did not return requests for comment.

More

Default All Access - Kelly Ford Exits KYGO Mornings After 20 Years

LINCOLN FINANCIAL Country KYGO/DENVER, CO morning host KELLY FORD is exiting after 20-plus years at the station. PD JOHN THOMAS told ALL ACCESS that he gives KELLY ‘the highest of recommendations.’

KYGO is looking for its next morning show. Send your resumes and a two-minute mp3 to Denverjobs@LincolnFinancialMedia.com.

In the interim, KYGO mornings will be covered by ALISHA SCOTT.

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KellyFord.jpg  

Default Radio Online - Longtime KYGO/Denver AM Host Kelly Ford Exits

KYGO-FM/Denver morning host Kelly Ford exits the Country outlet after over twenty years. Alisha Scott will handle the morning slot on an interim basis. Ford was named Major Market Personality of the Year by the Academy of Country Music Awards in February. more

With KYGO's ratings sliding, this change has been in the cards for many months now. I'm surprised the PD hasn't hired replacements yet though... since with the dismissal of Rider in July, we all knew this was going to happen.

I really don't see KYGO improving anytime soon. Like I said in another forum with the departure of the entire air staff Joel Burke established during his tenure at KYGO, John Thomas has his work cut out for him. It was one thing to lose Flip a year ago, but another when vets like Paul Donovan leave and Kelly Ford leaves on mutual terms, you lose those listeners like myself who can't remember a KYGO without Paul Donovan and Kelly Ford. These days I find myself listening to the Highway and WSIX on XM more then I do KYGO.

Thread Information