17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 194

0 members and 194 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default KWGN Launching 11pm Newscast

From: http://kwgn.com/2016/08/15/colorados...-p-m-newscast/

Colorado’s Own Channel 2, KWGN-TV, will launch Colorado’s only 11 p.m. newscast on September 12.

Colorado’s Own Channel 2 News at 11 p.m. will feature anchors Mike Barz, Erika Gonzalez, and Meteorologist Matt Makens. Barz will continue to anchor the 10 p.m. news on sister station, FOX31 Denver, KDVR-TV.

“I was raised in Colorado, but I’ve lived on the east and the west coasts. I know people on both are used to getting their news at 11 p.m.,” said Holly Gauntt, Vice President of News and Digital Content for KWGN. “With all of the people moving to Colorado, we want to give our viewers news when they’re used to getting it.”

KWGN has made it a priority to create newscasts in convenient time periods to serve the changing Colorado lifestyle. The station launched Channel 2 News at 4 p.m. in July and has been broadcasting Channel 2 News at 7 p.m. since 2009, both anchored by Mike Landess and Deborah Takahara.

“Colorado’s first television station is the place to turn for news about our wonderful state at times that are convenient to you,” said Joan Barrett, Vice President and General Manager of KWGN. “Our new newscast for late night viewers is a perfect complement to our 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. newscasts.”

With the added newscast, Colorado’s Own Channel 2 and sister station, FOX31 Denver, will broadcast 77 hours of local news per week, more than any other news organization in the state.

That is good.. ( I guess?).. Who is up at 11pm anyways? Or isn't watching late shows like "The Tonight Show" or other shows at that same time?
    I would think most people would be asleep at that point in time? Besides, wouldn't they just be repeating the same news story (like what Fox 31 does at ten?).
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    That is good.. ( I guess?).. Who is up at 11pm anyways? Or isn't watching late shows like "The Tonight Show" or other shows at that same time?
    I would think most people would be asleep at that point in time? Besides, wouldn't they just be repeating the same news story (like what Fox 31 does at ten?).

It would make sense for people especially those that work late at night and don't get home until 11. Then when they get home they have newscast to watch and you're right some people will be asleep at that time.

They won't get the amount of viewers the usual 10pm news get, but I applaud them for trying it and it would most likely attract more younger viewers. And people like me who work late hours. I usually set my DVR for the 10pm news to watch it later if I have a late day/night working. It's all about the $$$. If they get advertisers to support it well, it will be a success. I'm usually up until past midnight and up at 7am every day...

i'm not exactly happy. I've been watching Modern Family at 11 for sometime now and usually turn the tv off at about 11:30. Now i'll probably just watch House Hunters instead of 2 at 11.

I use to watch Channel 2's news at 7 but Mike Landess, while i know he is a Denver legend, puts me to sleep 4 hours early.

Thread Information