14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 259

0 members and 259 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,265
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,305)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default KSE Sets Launch Date For Altitude 950 Denver. It Will Be Friday, April 8th.

From Radio Insight:

Kroenke Sports & Entertainment has closed on its $3.8 million purchase of 950 KRWZ Denver from Entercom and has flipped the station to a temporary simulcast of Country “92.5 The Wolf” KWOF.

The next step for the station will apparently come on Monday, April 11 as the station completes its shift to “Altitude Sports 950” KKSE as the flagship for Kroenke’s Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche and Colorado Rapids. The date was leaked by Fox Sports Radio’s Rich Eisen on Twitter announcing his show will be carried by the station.

Starting April 11 on KKSE-AM 950, home of @nuggets @Avalanche and @ColoradoRapids Quite pumped. https://t.co/JlzaYX4osV — Rich Eisen (@richeisen) March 12, 2016

Eisen’s program is the only Fox Sports Radio program not carried by iHeartMedia’s “Denver Sports 760” KDSP as the station instead clears Colin Cowherd on a two hour delay. It is also expected that former KCNC-TV anchor/”104.3 The Fan” KKFN-FM midday co-host Vic Lombardi will have a role on the station in addition to his duties as studio host for Denver Nuggets broadcasts for their Altitude TV.

Kroenke Sports & Entertainment also owns KWOF, AC “Mix 100.3” KIMN and Classic Hits “Kool 105.1” KXKL in the Denver market. more

I wonder if Scott Hastings (who was fired by KKFN 104.3 The Fan in December) will be on the new KKSE AM?

Sports radio has gotten very popular in Denver now a days! Here is the interesting part.. 950 has always been the home of those teams!
    Nothing new about that anyways? So we got 104.3, 760, and the other station? Alot of sports talk radio sure has appeared over the last few years?
    I hope 950 does well in the Denver market! I am surprised over one thing though? I wonder why Kroenke Sports didn't change any of the FM stations to sports?
    But instead flipped 950 to sports?
    This post came from Radiodude!

Well as of today, KKSE 950 is on the air! I guess they went on the air quickly and quitely!

I've listened the last couple of mornings around 6am and they are carrying The Wolf's HD2 channel (classic country).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Jam View Post
    I've listened the last couple of mornings around 6am and they are carrying The Wolf's HD2 channel (classic country).
    They still have an HD2 playing Willie?!?! Damn, I thought that was gone? So they did an Avalanche game and did the station Id as KKSE 950? Now they went back to this?
    Talk about confusing message! I wish they would stick to one thing here to 950.

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    They still have an HD2 playing Willie?!?! Damn, I thought that was gone? So they did an Avalanche game and did the station Id as KKSE 950? Now they went back to this?
    Talk about confusing message! I wish they would stick to one thing here to 950.

It's not Willie. It's a different Classic Country HD2 format.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    It's not Willie. It's a different Classic Country HD2 format.
    So I tuned in tonight and its back to sports again. Later today it was playing that classic country on HD2. I am baffled? Part music during the day time and sports at night?

Nothing to be baffled about. The full lineup isn't ready yet. They're just phasing it in.

Default Hastings, Gardner & Bowman Join Altitude Sports Radio. Along With Lombardi, Kreckman and Nalen.

From: http://sportsradiopd.com/2016/04/has...-sports-radio/

Last month, Altitude Sports Radio AM 950, confirmed they were entering the sports radio picture in Denver on Friday, April 8th. The radio station revealed the lineup would feature popular local personalities Vic Lombardi and Kyle Keefe in middays, Nate Kreckman and Tom Nalen in afternoons, and Tom Helmer in mornings with a partner or two to be named later.

The reason for the morning delay was due to the radio station striking a deal with former Colorado Rockies player turned television analyst Ryan Spilborghs, only to have his employer, Root Sports, nix his involvement.

That left Altitude Sports having to adjust, and today they’ve done that by adding Scott Hastings and Lauren Gardner to the morning show.

Hastings was extremely popular during his time at 104.3 The Fan. The radio station though chose not to renew his contract this past December. Gardner, who will also report on the Colorado Avalanche for Altitude TV, has media experience as a sideline reporter, studio host, and in-arena entertainer.

In addition, the radio station is expected to add television personality Julie Browman to Kreckman and Nalen’s afternoon show. Bowman has prior experience in the format from her time in San Diego.

Thread Information