14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 305

0 members and 305 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,279
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,319)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Mike Rosen stepping down at KOA

From The Denver Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mike-Rosen-KOA-NewsRadio-495x571.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	761

Mike Rosen announced today he will step down as midday host on KOA. His last weekday show will be Dec. 24, after which he will serve as weekend host and political commentator. The nationally known conservative talk-show host has been with KOA for nearly 30 years. “Doing my brand of radio, with 24/7 research and show prep, takes a work week of more than 60 hours. After 35 years on-air, I’ve decided to give myself a little more well-earned leisure time as I pass my 71st birthday,” Rosen said in a release.

Rosen will be succeeded in the timeslot by KHOW’s Mandy Connell (who took over Peter Boyles’ long-held slot in 2013).

“A full-fledged retirement wouldn’t suit a Type-A guy like me. So, I’m delighted to still have a presence with KOA as a part-time on-air contributor. While this may disappoint my long-time loyal listeners, to whom I’m eternally grateful, I hope they will find a little of Mike Rosen at least better than none at all. I’m passing the baton to Mandy Connell in the midday time slot, who’s done a great job on KHOW in the morning. You’ll like her.”

An editorial page commentator for both The Denver Post and The Rocky Mountain News, Rosen has published “REALITY: A Plain-Talk Guide to Economics, Politics, Government and Culture,” a compendium of his writings on politics and economic issues. In addition to serving as weekend host, Rosen will be occasional guest host on KOA and KHOW.

More...

Default Rosen Announces New Partnership With KOA/Denver

From Radio Online:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mikerosenxl.gif 
Views:	3 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	763

Mike Rosen is stepping down from his daily show on iHeartMedia's KOA (NewsRadio 850 AM & 94.1 FM)/Denver and will transition to a contributor role, serving as a regular weekend host and political commentator. In addition, Rosen will be heard as an occasional guest host on both KOA NewsRadio and TalkRadio 630 KHOW. Rosen's final live weekday show will air on December 24.

"After 35 years on-air, I've decided to give myself a little more wellearned leisure time as I pass my 71st birthday," said Rosen. "I've been with KOA for almost 30 years and have loved every minute of it. It's a wonderful station with a glorious history and a great team of people. I couldn't bring myself to just walk away from it, and a full-fledged retirement wouldn't suit a Type-A guy like me. So, I'm delighted to still have a presence with KOA as a part-time on-air contributor."

Rosen has been KOA's midday host since 1988. He has been an editorial-page columnist for both The Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News for more than 30 years, and his columns have appeared in numerous national publications. Rosen has also been featured as a political analyst on several media outlets, and has appeared on "The O'Reilly Factor," "Good Morning America" and "CNN Tonight." In addition, Rosen has served as a guest host for "The Rush Limbaugh Show."

"We owe a debt of gratitude to Mike," said iHeartMedia Denver Market President Tim Hager. "His commitment to our community, his listeners and our advertisers is second- to-none. Although he's stepping down from his daily show, we're fortunate that Mike will continue in a contributor role with KOA NewsRadio 850 AM & 94.1 FM."

With Rosen's exit, Mandy Connell is named as the new midday host on KOA NewsRadio, effective January 4. Connell, an 18-year veteran, is currently the morning host on KOA's sister KHOW. Connell has also held on-air positions at stations in Louisville, Orlando and Fort Myers. In addition, she has been heard nationally, guest-hosting both "America Now" and "The Weekend with Joe Pags" for Premiere Networks.

"Joining the team at KOA NewsRadio is the culmination of a dream I've had for a long time," said Connell. "KOA NewsRadio has a special place in this community and I am truly honored to have the opportunity to take the baton from Mike Rosen."

more

How long has Mike Rosen been at KOA? Seems to me I remember hearing him back in the late 80s or early 90s.

My guess is he started at KOA doing 9am-noon around 1988 or 1989.

Thread Information