17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 203

0 members and 203 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Fox 31 Could be off DirecTV as soon as Saturday Update an Agreement has been reached

It looks like as of this Saturday September 1, 2012 DirecTV Subscribers could lose Fox 31.

Below is the message from KeepKDVR.com

http://keepkdvr.com/

Attention DirecTV Subscribers

Beginning this Saturday, September 1, 2012, you could miss all of KDVR’s popular programming, including the NFL on FOX, the most exciting college football games in primetime on FOX Saturday nights, the MLB Playoffs and World Series, the new fall season for the Simpsons, Family Guy, Glee, and the X Factor, and FOX 31’s local news.

Our agreement with DirecTV will expire at the end of this month. If we do not reach an agreement, by law, DirecTV cannot carry our television stations on its system.

Despite our best efforts, DirecTV is refusing to offer us fair compensation for the programming we provide, and we remain far apart in negotiations.

KDVR is regularly one of the highest rated channels on DirecTV’s platform. Our ratings prove that we offer the most compelling news, sports, and entertainment programming on TV. Yet, DirecTV refuses to pay us a fair rate for our programming. In fact, we are asking for less money than DirecTV pays other networks whose ratings are nowhere close to KDVR’s. Like any business we cannot afford to give away our valuable content at a cut rate price.

As a result of DirecTV’s inflexibility, there’s a strong likelihood that all DirecTV subscribers will lose KDVR. We feel we have an obligation to make sure DirecTV subscribers are aware that may not be able to see their favorite programming on DirecTV after this Friday, August 31st.
    Last edited by Chase; August 31st, 2012 at 09:37 AM.

Really? Then why is it that they have not mention this on their site? Or on facebook? or on Directv's we promise page? They would actually would announce that if they were going to remove KDVR from their lineup.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Really? Then why is it that they have not mention this on their site? Or on facebook? or on Directv's we promise page? They would actually would announce that if they were going to remove KDVR from their lineup.
    Good question and it looks like they put it on there not too long ago.

http://www.directvpromise.com/local-tv-llc/

I wonder how many $$ per subscriber Local TV LLC wants...

I know these stations say they are facing much lower income revenue and want re-carry raises everytime their contracts expire. But each big 4 network station already gets in the neighborhood of a buck or two per subscriber from each of the satellite providers.

According to a source I know, Directv loses money on carrying the locals. They try to recoup it with the other channels in these packages.

In my opinion I really think if you offer your signal for free, providers should be able to redeliver it to your viewers for free. It costs these sat providers a lot of $$ to have an office here just to receive the signals and send it to their main switcher and it costs lots of $$$ to uplink the signals in the first place.

I have Directv and I hope they get this resolved. If they don't, I just won't watch Fox 31 and their advertisers will be missing out on a lot of viewers over this...

Or rob you can get their over the air antanna to get that channel.
    It is strange that they are in talks with fox 31. Maybe those talks should include 31.2.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rob View Post
    I wonder how many $$ per subscriber Local TV LLC wants...

I have Directv and I hope they get this resolved. If they don't, I just won't watch Fox 31 and their advertisers will be missing out on a lot of viewers over this...
    I have it too, and I agree with you, Rob, about the financial issue. Frankly, I don't much care about Fox 31. If I really want to see something on Channel 31, I can go to a bar with cable.

I don't think this dispute will impact Broncos fans because their 1st (& only) game scheduled for Fox doesn't come 'til December 2nd. I can't see this dispute lasting that long. Even if it does, I can still watch the Broncos (in a smaller picture) on the NFL Sunday Ticket Mix Channel.

An agreement has been reached and Fox 31 will remain on DirecTV.

Thread Information