17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 193

0 members and 193 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default JonBenet Ramsey's father talks to Barbarba Walters in new interview

From The Denver Post:

John Ramsey, whose daughter JonBenet Ramsey would have been 25 this year, talked with Barbara Walters for an indepth interview that aired on cable’s Investigation Discovery Nov. 2, as part of a “Barbara Walters Presents American Scandals” series. Ramsey said he desperately tried to shield his son Burke from tabloid headlines accusing him of the murder of his six-year-old sister.

“We tried to shield him from that,” John says in the interview. “Friends would ask us, ‘What can we do to help?’ We said, ‘Next time you go in the supermarket, call the manager over when you see our child’s photo on the front cover, and ask him to remove it.’ A lot of them did that.”

“JonBenét Ramsey: Inside the Mystery” featured the first TV interview with Burke, now 28, who said he has moved on since the tragedy.

JonBenét was found dead in her parents’ Boulder basement the day after Christmas 1996. She had duct tape over her mouth and showed signs of an apparent sexual assault.

JonBenét’s parents and her brother were investigated but never charged in the crime.

In Walters’ sitdown with Ramsey, he talked about how he thinks law enforcement botched the investigation, and the untimely 2006 death of his wife Patsy from ovarian cancer. His new wife, Jan, talked about how she dealt with the controversy despite some people telling her that she was “marrying a killer.”

Walters’ series continues, covering the trials of O.J. Simpson, the murder of John Lennon, Jim Bakker’s sex scandal and imprisonment for fraud and the Menendez brothers.

More...

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Media Newsroom View Post
    From The Denver Post:

John Ramsey, whose daughter JonBenet Ramsey would have been 25 this year, talked with Barbara Walters for an indepth interview that aired on cable's Investigation Discovery Nov. 2, as part of a "Barbara Walters Presents American Scandals" series. Ramsey said he desperately tried to shield his son Burke from tabloid headlines accusing him of the murder of his six-year-old sister.

More...
    *Yawn*.. This has to be the oldest murder case to date! I am sorry that he can't find who did it, but come on, it has gotten to be a really old case to hear about it!
    Face the honest truth here? They well never find the killer, ( I wish they really would to put this very old case to rest). . It has gotten to be really annoying to hear about this every now and than!
    Soon or later Jon benet would pass on, just like his wife, so can we please put this to rest at some point? Or face the harsh facts that this well never be solved in his or anyone's life time?
    This post came from Radiodude!

Great idea. You're right; she would have died anyway. If a killer can cover his tracks for 15 or 20 years he SHOULD BE a free man. Just think of all the money we would save by closing all of the cold case units! You're a genius!!!

PS: Peter Boyles, lazy prick that he is, should be forced to quit talking about this case too. The JonBenet Ramsey case kept Boyles from having to do any REAL show prep for years.
    Last edited by Ghost of Timber Dick; November 7th, 2015 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Timber Dick View Post
    Great idea. You're right; she would have died anyway. If a killer can cover his tracks for 15 or 20 years he SHOULD BE a free man. Just think of all the money we would save by closing all of the cold case units! You're a genius!!!

PS: Peter Boyles, lazy prick that he is, should be forced to quit talking about this case too. The JonBenet Ramsey case kept Boyles from having to do any REAL show prep for years.
    Wow, ok? Look, I am just tired of hearing about this, there is nothing new that John can say about this? There is no new news about the killer, and every one knows this. But I didn't say what you just wrote at all!
    I think you took what i wrote out of context!

The whole point is that i am still tired of hearing the same ol story over and over again, no new leads, no one knows who did it and interviewing JOhn, he would say the same stuff! They should just drop
    this case and close it! Is all I am saying!
    This post came from Radiodude!

The point is that cold cases are solved when they're featured on TV shows. That's why you will continue to hear about this case on occasion. And you DID say what I wrote...

"They well never find the killer, ( I wish they really would to put this very old case to rest)"
    "Soon or later Jon benet would pass on, just like his wife..."

You'd make a bad cop, Dude.

Thread Information