17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 270

0 members and 270 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Entercom/Denver Launches ''Cruisin' Oldies 1430''

From Radio Online:

Entercom will flip Adult Standards KEZW-AM/Denver to Oldies as the new "Cruisin' Oldies 1430 AM," effective December 27. The new outlet will target Baby Boomers with the greatest music from the birth of Rock 'n Roll in the 50's through the British Invasion, Motown, The Summer of Love and Woodstock in the 60's.

"Cruisin' is a great brand in Denver and we are thrilled to combine the best personalities, content and programming from Cruisin' and KEZW," said VP/Market Manager Amy Griesheimer. "Cruisin' 1430 will be unduplicated and unmatched, as the only station in Denver playing the music that Baby Boomers grew up."

Operations Manager Mike Peterson commented, "Cruisin' 1430 includes well-known, local personalities and will deliver music fans the best in Oldies Rock 'n Roll in a fun, upbeat environment. And the station will continue to offer listeners and advertisers tremendous ways to connect with audiences at events throughout Denver."

more

950 AM will be Kroenke's new sports outlet with the oldies format on 950 AM going to KEZW 1430 AM on December 27th.

I'm also hearing that Kroenke may trade one or more of their other FM stations (KWOF, KIMN, KXKL) or do a deal with a trade and part cash for KKFN/KEPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Media Newsroom View Post
    From Radio Online:

Entercom will flip Adult Standards KEZW-AM/Denver to Oldies as the new "Cruisin' Oldies 1430 AM," effective December 27. The new outlet will target Baby Boomers with the greatest music from the birth of Rock 'n Roll in the 50's through the British Invasion, Motown, The Summer of Love and Woodstock in the 60's.

"Cruisin' is a great brand in Denver and we are thrilled to combine the best personalities, content and programming from Cruisin' and KEZW," said VP/Market Manager Amy Griesheimer. "Cruisin' 1430 will be unduplicated and unmatched, as the only station in Denver playing the music that Baby Boomers grew up."

Operations Manager Mike Peterson commented, "Cruisin' 1430 includes well-known, local personalities and will deliver music fans the best in Oldies Rock 'n Roll in a fun, upbeat environment. And the station will continue to offer listeners and advertisers tremendous ways to connect with audiences at events throughout Denver."

more
    So 1430 well basically stay in the same years, like it is right now, basically KEZW, still plays oldies right now, but isn't KEZW and KRWZ right next door to each other?
    I also take it that 950 would have to move again?
    950 goes back to sports (again), geez what a wheel turn this is!

Why would anyone trade off KEPN? 1600 is not easily picked up one bit, and it has been that way for many years to. So why would Kroenke want to even get a hold of such a weak
    station that can't even be heard north of Denver? Now KKFN, I can see that happening, but they should kill off 1600.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Default Entercom Sells KRWZ/Denver

From All Access:

ENTERCOM is selling Oldies KRWZ-A (CRUISIN' OLDIES 950)/PARKER-DENVER, CO to KROENKE SPORTS ENTERPRISES' KSE RADIO VENTURES, LLC for $3.8 million. With the sale, ENTERCOM will move the Oldies format to its KEZW-A as CRUISIN' OLDIES 1430 AM, replacing the present Adult Standards format on KEZW as of DECEMBER 27th.
    “CRUISIN’ is a great brand in DENVER and we are thrilled to combine the best personalities, content and programming from CRUISIN’ and KEZW,” said VP/Market Manager AMY GRIESHEIMER. “CRUISIN’ 1430 will be unduplicated and unmatched, as the only station in DENVER playing the music that Baby Boomers grew up.”

OM MIKE PETERSON added, “CRUISIN’ 1430 includes well-known, local personalities and will deliver music fans the best in Oldies Rock ‘n Roll in a fun, upbeat environment. And the station will continue to offer listeners and advertisers tremendous ways to connect with audiences at events throughout DENVER.”
    Will KROENKE, who owns the DENVER NUGGETS, COLORADO AVALANCHE, and COLORADO RAPIDS franchises and recently bought three FMs from WILKS, flip the 950 AM frequency to Sports (which it was as KKFN-A (950 THE FAN) before the format moved to FM)? The NUGGETS and AVS are already heard on KRWZ.

more

No, 1430 will lose most of its music. There's always been some overlap between the 2, but 950 has programmed to a younger crowd. KEZW had done pretty well in the ratings for years until 950 came along and took a lot of the younger audience away. It didn't make sense for Entercom to operate both stations as they were, so this deal makes sense.

I'm anxious (not in a good way) to see what this means for the personnel. I presume Randy Jay will continue doing PM Drive. Rick Crandall has been an institution on AM Drive at 1430. Chuck St. John has been doing the morning drive at 950. I hope that Chuck, one of the all-time good guys in radio, doesn't get screwed by the consolidation. This will be a game of musical chairs, and not everyone is going to have a seat when the music stops on 950.
    Last edited by Ghost of Timber Dick; December 18th, 2015 at 12:47 PM.

I was thinking that it would be a good opportunity for "93.7 The Rock" to make some music tweaks/changes and take on some of the let go staff (if any) due to these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I was thinking that it would be a good opportunity for "93.7 The Rock" to make some music tweaks/changes and take on some of the let go staff (if any) due to these changes.
    The only problem is that as I see it, Janice likes having none during the 10 to 4pm slot, and she has who likes for the weekends to, and how it plays for the most part to. So I don't think Janice would
    hire anyone any time soon?

Now, we see what this economy is doing to the radio business. Buy sell, trade off stations, and while they are doing that and NOT caring for their employees and how they must be wondering, where their next
    paycheck is coming from or who for that matter! THis has to be very frustrating on all those people that work at KWOLF, KIMN and KXKL, and KWRZ.
    I don't know, but if i was in that business, I would be kinda concern at this point, on wondering who owns the station that I work at and not knowing what the heck is going on here?

It's a tough and unstable biz.
    I experienced being let go from a few stations over the years due to format changes and when the stations were suddenly sold.
    It sucks and it can be frustrating, to say the least.
    This biz has chewed up and spit out some great people.

Default The new Crusin 1430

Well now that the new Crusin 1430 is on the air, here is the right web address:

http://www.entercomweb.com/denver/

Thread Information