17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 184

0 members and 184 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Radio Disney Sells KDDZ 1690 AM To Salem For $550,000. UPDATE: Changes Calls To KDMT. Will Go To A Business Talk Format

From All Access:

RADIO DISNEY has found a buyer for five more of its stations, and it's SALEM MEDIA GROUP. RADIO DISNEY has filed sales contracts with the FCC, showing it selling KDIZ-A/GOLDEN VALLEY, MN-MINNEAPOLIS to SALEM's COMMON GROUND BROADCASTING, INC. for $375,000; KDDZ-A/ARVADA-DENVER to SALEM MEDIA OF COLORADO, INC. for $550,000; KDZR-A/LAKE OSWEGO-PORTLAND, OR to SALEM MEDIA OF OREGON, INC. for $275,000; WSDZ-A/BELLEVILLE, IL-ST. LOUIS to SALEM's CARON BROADCASTING, INC. for $275,000; and WWMI-A/ST. PETERSBURG-TAMPA, FL to SALEM's SOUTH TEXAS BROADCASTING, INC. for $750,000.

more

What a sale.. a Station that has a very weak signal, and I bet anything that no one knows that there is a 1690 AM. So good luck to Salem..I don't know what they can do with it at all?
    Since it is a weak one. Kinda surprised Radio Disney held on to 1690 for this long?
    This post came from Radiodude!

Salem has closed their purchase of KDDZ 1690 AM from Disney. And Salem has changed their call letters to KDMT.

It is currently billing itself as "Cash Country" and playing an all Johnny Cash music format.

But that is temporary, as KDMT will become Salem's Wall Street Business Network affiliate ("The Biz" or just "Money Talk 1690") in Denver soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Media Newsroom View Post
    From All Access:

RADIO DISNEY has found a buyer for five more of its stations, and it's SALEM MEDIA GROUP. RADIO DISNEY has filed sales contracts with the FCC, showing it selling KDIZ-A/GOLDEN VALLEY, MN-MINNEAPOLIS to SALEM's COMMON GROUND BROADCASTING, INC. for $375,000; KDDZ-A/ARVADA-DENVER to SALEM MEDIA OF COLORADO, INC. for $550,000; KDZR-A/LAKE OSWEGO-PORTLAND, OR to SALEM MEDIA OF OREGON, INC. for $275,000; WSDZ-A/BELLEVILLE, IL-ST. LOUIS to SALEM's CARON BROADCASTING, INC. for $275,000; and WWMI-A/ST. PETERSBURG-TAMPA, FL to SALEM's SOUTH TEXAS BROADCASTING, INC. for $750,000.

more
    Well that station is going to fail so badly! Just like 1600, where it is on the Dial, it well fail without a doubt! Who can pick up 1690? Plus I remember reading some time back? Wasn't the FCC going to get rid of the 1600's?

It looks like kdmt has a current low power STA;
    http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/pro...etter_id=59741

it's sort of amusing that a station would go through a sale with such a condition (i don't know if it still operating at reduced power, but the STA hasn't been dismissed) at this price, so i wonder if this will lead to some more shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Well that station is going to fail so badly! Just like 1600, where it is on the Dial, it well fail without a doubt! Who can pick up 1690? Plus I remember reading some time back? Wasn't the FCC going to get rid of the 1600's?
    I remember hearing something several years back about that but I don't know what the update is on it. But I think the dial positions was 1610 and on up are the ones the FCC wanted to shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    I remember hearing something several years back about that but I don't know what the update is on it. But I think the dial positions was 1610 and on up are the ones the FCC wanted to shut down.
    Now I wonder how Salem is going to make this station work now? Since the transmitter seems to be needing some maintenance on it to get it to be full power? So far, not many people can here 1690 at all!
    And why would anyone want to listen to a station that is so far down the dial anyways?

I never heard about a plan about stations above 1600 Khz being moved/shut down.

It was an option for "normal" AM band stations that wanted to move that were facing interference issues. Stations were supposed to surrender either the original station license in the "normal" AM band or the expanded license station at the end of a 5 year period.

I know when Salem got KBJD 1650 AM back in 1999, it was supposed to be used for KRKS 990 AM to move there. But then, that never happened.
    The 5 year period ended and KBJD still continues to operate under temporary 6 month STA orders, as far as I have been told.

So the expanded AM band isn't going away anytime soon...

I wish they would just expand the FM band down below 88 Mhz. It could solve a lot of issues. But most radios would have to be upgraded/replaced.

I can receive 1690 AM just fine about 35 miles away from the transmitter. So it is doing okay with whatever power issues it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I never heard about a plan about stations above 1600 Khz being moved/shut down.

It was an option for "normal" AM band stations that wanted to move that were facing interference issues. Stations were supposed to surrender either the original station license in the "normal" AM band or the expanded license station at the end of a 5 year period.

I know when Salem got KBJD 1650 AM back in 1999, it was supposed to be used for KRKS 990 AM to move there. But then, that never happened.
    The 5 year period ended and KBJD still continues to operate under temporary 6 month STA orders, as far as I have been told.

So the expanded AM band isn't going away anytime soon...

I wish they would just expand the FM band down below 88 Mhz. It could solve a lot of issues. But most radios would have to be upgraded/replaced.

I can receive 1690 AM just fine about 35 miles away from the transmitter. So it is doing okay with whatever power issues it has.
    Here is a question of you (ROB).. How long has 1690 been Radio Disney? I am sure this is the very first time the computer system most likely has been touched in over a decade?
    I was even wondering if 1690 even had a studio at all? I figured it was just a satellite feed all this time?

No the signal is week at 1690, and again, (who in their right minds would even care about something so far down at the end of the dial?). I think it should have gone silence. Salem isn't going to make much
    money in the long run nor get many listeners to tune in. I doubt if many people even knew that the AM dial could go to 1690 AM?

Default Salem Debuts New Stations In Denver & Minneapolis

From Radio Insight:

Salem Communications continues to take control of the final five stations it acquired from Disney in September. In Denver, 1690 KDDZ Arvada has changed call letters to KDMT and is now stunting with the music of Johnny Cash as “Cash Country 1690“. The stunt will lead into the launch of Salem’s “Wall Street Business Network” programming as “Money Talk 1690“.

more

Thread Information