17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 351

0 members and 351 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default A 'Significant Number' Of People Laid Off At Westwood One

From All Access:

ALL ACCESS has learned a significant number of people have been laid off from WESTWOOD ONE's COLORADO facility as CUMULUS has completed integrating its syndication arms.

In AUGUST 2013, CUMULUS MEDIA acquired DIAL GLOBAL for $260 million (about $45 million in equity and the retirement of $215 million of debt), which was merged into CUMULUS MEDIA NETWORKS. The company eventually merged the two operations, under the WESTWOOD ONE name.

Regarding the downsizing, CUMULUS MEDIA & WESTWOOD ONE SVP/Content and Programming MIKE MCVAY explains, "We are now one company. WESTWOOD ONE and CUMULUS are together. It has taken awhile to fully integrate all of our great assets that we have acquired over the last four years, but we are now there. That means we can now take advantage of the complete talent pool in our company. This will improve the quality of the 24/7 products by tapping into market leading talent across our company"

MCVAY confirmed to ALL ACCESS there will be no name change, but the moves will allow the company to have the 24-hour formats be hosted, "to a large degree by top-quality and experienced CUMULUS announcers from the company’s radio stations in markets like NEW YORK CITY, CHICAGO, CINCINNATI, INDIANAPOLIS, ATLANTA and LOS ANGELES. This takes advantage of the best personalities in every format, regardless of where their show originates."

"All 24-hour formats will remain staffed and configured as they are today, utilizing WESTWOOD ONE’s market leading patented STORQ automation platform as well as CUMULUS’ best-in-class studio automation platform -- OPX," continued MCVAY. "This production method has been thoroughly tested in WESTWOOD ONE’s syndication of the NASH ICON and Classic Hip-Hop 24-hour formats."

But the integration does mean some job cuts. "While many current WESTWOOD ONE announcers will still be heard on weekday and weekend dayparts, the integration of our company into one programming platform has affected some WESTWOOD ONE announcers," said MCVAY, who noted, "all departing announcers will be eligible for vacancies at CUMULUS radio stations. This week we’ll be evaluating what openings exist inside of CUMULUS and we’ll consider the WESTWOOD ONE personalities and programmers for these positions."

If your position has been affected by these moves, please reach out to ALL ACCESS so we can share your name and contact info with decisionmakers who may have your next opportunity awaiting.

Folks Downsized

JIM WEST, mornings on Classic Country with WESTWOOD ONE. WEST said, "Three years in this current position and 30+ years in the Country format. Great track record and been on-air in major markets like KYNG (YOUNG COUNTRY)/DALLAS, K-BULL/SALT LAKE CITY and KIIM/ TUCSON. Successfully programmed 10 years including KAYD/BEAUMONT; CAT COUNTRY/COLORADO SPRINGS. Looking for a long term and solid opportunity." Contact info: JimWestOnAir@yahoo.com.

BERNIE MACK, the full-time night voice of the Hot AC format. MACK tells ALL ACCESS he's, "available for Top 40 and Hot AC ... with significant experience in Classic Hits and Young Country." See his resume and hear demos at DJBernieMack.com/resume (password: radio), or e-mail at bernie.moreland@gmail.com.

JOHN SUMMERS tells ALL ACCESS he was at, "B-94/PITTSBURGH, BJ-105/ORLANDO, WMMO/ORLANDO, 19 years at KLUV/DALLAS, four-and-a-half years at WESTWOOD ONE Classic Hits and Classic Hits Rock, now doing weekends at NEW COUNTRY 96-3 KSCS/DALLAS." Contact at johnsummers1@aol.com.

DAN HARDEE checks saying, "Unfortunately, I was one of the ones downsized. I’ve been the Hot AC format Afternoon Host for just over a year, with previous on-air stints at KYGO and KWOF, and Production Director for KIMN and KXKL/DENVER. Other experience includes 5 years in COLORADO SPRINGS on-air for Hot AC KKPK and Country KATC, along with programming and promotions experience. I’ve also instructed students in Radio Programming and Operations at COLORADO MEDIA SCHOOL in LAKEWOOD. I’m currently available for any and all remote opportunities from my broadcast-quality home studio for voice-tracking and production/voiceover. Air checks and resume can be found at www.danhardee.com. I can be reached at dan@danhardee.com.

KEVAN BROWNING spent nine years at the Network as a Classic Hits/Good Time Oldies & Urban MD, Production Dir. and air talent. He also spent 15 years as a afternoon-driver/Production Manager locally in DALLAS. For samples of any of the above, e-mail Smokinkevan@yahoo.com.

JOHN "WHIP" WILBUR did Classic Rock nights for WESTWOOD ONE. WHIP has a great deal of Alternative experience at KROQ, WXRK, KTBZ and 99X, among others. He programmed INDIE 101.5 in DENVER, where he was named the city's best DJ in 2009. E-mail him at johnwilbur21@gmail.com.

SCOTT LETORNEAU/O'BRIEN spent four-and-a-half years at WESTWOOD ONE doing AC first, then Classic Hits after five years programming Country. Reach him at scottletourneau1@yahoo.com.

JEFF ROLLINS is out after 25 years at WESTWOOD ONE doing mornings on Adult Standards. "We still have plenty of affiliates, who have been with us for more than 20 years," he writes. Contact him at jfstandards@hotmail.com.

MIKE WADE did AC Mornings for CUMULUS MEDIA NETWORKS and WESTWOOD ONE. He tells ALL ACCESS he, "worked in NEW YORK, HOUSTON and DALLAS. Inducted into THE TEXAS RADIO HALL OF FAME last NOVEMBER. Current and former PD's have offered recommendations. Like to hear a demo? Go to mikeonmic.com/theshow.html.

DAN DIMARIA tells us, "I had been doing Evenings on the Rock 2.0 Format and Classic Rock Local for about a year, just using the name DAN. As an added bonus, I was also let go from KBPI/DENVER this week in a separate event, where I had been doing middays since 2009 and evenings before that. I was also doing some tracking work for KEGL/DALLAS and KAAZ/SALT LAKE CITY. Prior to that I worked in many different jobs including Production at the iHEART cluster in DENVER. This hasn’t been my favorite week, but I’m excited to look for new opportunities. My FACEBOOK page is www.facebook.com/danonkbpi, and my email is ddim1981@gmail.com.

more

Oops, I posted a new thread because I missed this. I heard that this may be IT for this facility. Anyone have insight?

Good catch! I just moved this thread to the Denver radio area since it involves a bunch of folks that have been on the air here.

Thread Information