14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 190

0 members and 190 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,289
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,329)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default KBUD (Smokin 94.1) Says Hackers Briefly Knocked Station Off Air. iHeart Files FCC Complaint Against Station

From All Access:

MARCO BROADCASTING CORP. Rock KBUD-A-K231BQ (SMOKIN 94.1)/DENVER, the pot-themed station that recently signed on the air, was knocked off the air MONDAY night after, owner MARC PASKIN said, the station's computers were hacked and material deleted, according to a report by CBS O&O KCNC-TV (CBS 4). The station returned to the air TUESDAY afternoon.

PASKIN, who doubles as afternoon host "GARY GANJA," said, "They came in and hacked our computer. They took out all our music, imaging promos and comedy segments."

PASKIN is also fighting a complaint by iHEARTMEDIA's CITICASTERS LICENSES, INC., which objected to MARCO's application to modify K231BQ, claiming that "K231BQ is currently operating in a manner that has not been, and could not have been, authorized by the Commission, as such current operation results in prohibited contour overlap to co-channel K231AA’s protected 60 dBu contour and furthermore is causing documented interference to regular listeners of K231AA."

K231AA is iHEARTMEDIA's BOULDER, CO translator rebroadcasting Top 40 KPTT (95.7 THE PARTY)/DENVER; PASKIN says that his translator has not changed its parameters and, referring to the station's prior format, added, "If I would have stayed Sports Talk and had a small audience I wouldn’t be hearing from them."

more

Default Sad thing that Iheart Radio is doing to Smokin 94.1

Here is an article that was just posted on KDVR's website about KBUD and how it was hacked and how Iheart is susing the station for not having the right signal strength read on:

Hackers, FCC complaint target Denver marijuana radio station
    POSTED 1:24 PM, JULY 8, 2015, BY HSING TSENG
    FACEBOOK243TWITTER7GOOGLELINKEDINPINTERESTEMAIL
    The owner of Smokin' 94.1, Marc Paskin, also DJ's and produces comedy segments for the station.
    The owner of Smokin' 94.1, Marc Paskin, also DJ's and produces comedy segments for the station.
    DENVER — A month after launching the first marijauna-themed FM radio station here in Denver, station owner Marc Paskin is saying they are now facing obstacles in the form of hacking and legal complaints.

According to Paskin, computer hackers were able to take KBUD Smokin’ 94.1 off the air earlier this week by wiping all of their records. Paskin says IT sources tell them the hacking came from India.

Just a day prior to this attack, the Internet radio platform iHeartRadio filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission against Smokin’ 94.1.

The complaint alleges that the radio station isn’t transmitting the right strength of radio signal through the station and asks that Smokin’ 94.1 be taken off the air until the dispute can be resolved.

Paskin says he believes that the station is being targeted due to the large amount of attention they have been receiving lately.

“The station has been around for years as a sports station and iHeart never bothered us when we had a small audience,” said Paskin. “After one month of being on the air as Smokin’ 94.1, we have an FCC complaint now.”

Paskin says he hasn’t changed the signal strength since he bought the radio station for $875,000. At 66, Paskin is a self-made millionaire, DJ, producer, engineer and the station’s owner.

“I didn’t do it to promote marijuana, I did it to have a fun, off-the-wall crazy radio station,” Paskin says.

Attorneys on behalf of Smokin’ 94.1 are responding to the FCC complaint.

I do say that Iheart radio can have something more important thing to do then to try to do this to KBUD.

http://kdvr.com/2015/07/08/hackers-f...radio-station/
    This post came from Radiodude!

From KCNC: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/07/0...rs-fcc-hurdle/

Denver Marijuana Radio Station Faces Hackers, FCC Hurdle

Denver’s first marijuana-themed radio station is fighting to stay on the airwaves, but not because of its controversial content.
    Computer hackers were able to knock KBUD Smokin’ 94.1 off the air Monday night. Station owner Marc Paskin, whose alter ego is drive time DJ Gary Ganja, says the hackers basically wiped out the radio station.

“They came in and hacked our computer. They took out all our music, imaging promos and comedy segments,” he said.
    Paskin says the station lost two or three months of work developing content. Smokin’ 94.1 has only been on the air since June. By Tuesday afternoon the station was up and running again.

The hacking incident follows a complaint filed with the Federal Communications Commission from a competing radio station about radio tower signal strength. The complaint asks the FCC to take Smokin’ 94.1 off the air until a dispute over territory can be settled.

“I believe that we’ve built up a huge audience in a month and it could disappear tomorrow. Of course we are fighting for our life here.” Paskin said. “I don’t want to be taken off the air and I feel like we will not be taken off the air.”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gary-ganja.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	705
    DJ Gary Ganja (credit: CBS)

Paskin says 94.1 was a sports radio station when he purchased it and he hasn’t changed the signal strength.
    “If I would have stayed sports talk and had a small audience I wouldn’t be hearing from them,” he said.
    The FCC hasn’t weighed in on the marijuana content of Smokin’ 94.1.
    “I don’t think we are doing anything illegal. I wouldn’t be putting my time and my money and effort into something if I thought it was going to be closed down tomorrow.”

I just want to let everyone know something about this article:
    I am the one that posted this article about this, NOT rob. I saw it on KDVR's website and posted it on here. Apparently, I am not given any credit for it!
    I just wanted to let everyone know this..

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    I just want to let everyone know something about this article:
    I am the one that posted this article about this, NOT rob. I saw it on KDVR's website and posted it on here. Apparently, I am not given any credit for it!
    I just wanted to let everyone know this..
    Geez, almost like he thinks he OWNS the site or something.

I don't see your post about this Radiodude. Can you send me a link? Maybe the board software glitched... but I am confused why you seem to want to argue everything posted here. It's getting really old.

Okay, so I found your separate thread radiodude and merged it with this one. All Access actually posted it first.

I just posted the story from KCNC when I was made aware of it.

You need to chill a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Okay, so I found your separate thread radiodude and merged it with this one. All Access actually posted it first.

I just posted the story from KCNC when I was made aware of it.

You need to chill a bit.
    Will I am sorry ROB, but i posted this article way before you even posted the one from ALL ACCESS since i found it interesting to have read:

http://kdvr.com/2015/07/08/hackers-fcc-complaint-target-denver-marijuana-radio-station/<--THere is the link..

Plus I did save it and it told me it is waiting for your approval, that was two days ago.

Thread Information