14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 140

0 members and 140 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,279
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,319)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default May 2015 Denver/Boulder Radio Ratings

I'll get ours updated in a few... until then...

Denver-Boulder (#20)
    SUBSCRIBER FORMAT MAR 15 APR 15 MAY 15
    KBCO-FM AAA 5.6 5.1 5.9
    KQMT-FM Classic Rock 5.7 5.9 5.7
    KTCL-FM Alternative 6.1 5.4 5.4
    KOSI-FM AC 4.4 4.5 5.2
    KYGO-FM Country 4.3 4.7 5.1
    KCFR-FM News Talk Info. 5.6 5.3 4.7
    KRFX-FM Classic Rock 4.7 5.2 4.6
    KXPK-FM Mexican Regional 4.3 4.8 4.6
    KPTT-FM Rhythmic 4.7 4.7 4.3
    KALC-FM Modern AC 4.2 4.5 4.1
    KLDV-FM Contemp. Christian 4.7 3.7 4.1
    KJMN-FM Spanish Adult Hits 4.5 3.8 3.8
    KXKL-FM Classic Hits 3.0 3.8 3.5
    KOA-AM News Talk Info. 3.3 3.5 3.4
    KQKS-FM Rhythmic 4.0 3.4 3.4
    KBPI-FM Active Rock 3.2 3.5 3.3
    KIMN-FM Hot AC 3.7 3.2 3.3
    KJHM-FM Rhythmic AC 2.0 2.0 2.2
    KKFN-FM All Sports 2.2 1.8 2.2
    KFCO-FM Rhythmic 1.6 1.6 2.0
    KWOF-FM Country 2.1 2.3 2.0
    KYGO-HD2 Comedy 1.7 1.8 1.9
    KRWZ-AM Oldies 0.9 0.8 1.4
    KVOD-FM Classical 1.1 0.9 1.2
    KHOW-AM News Talk Info. 1.2 1.2 1.0
    KUVO-FM Jazz 0.9 1.1 0.9
    KJAC-FM All Sports 0.5 0.7 0.6
    KEZW-AM Adult Stand./MOR 0.7 0.6 0.5
    KCKK-AM Variety 0.4 0.4 0.4
    KUNC-FM Educational 0.3 0.3 0.4
    KVOQ-FM+ Alternative 0.3 0.4 0.4
    KKZN-AM Talk/Personality 0.2 0.1 0.2
    KMXA-AM Spanish Contemp. 0.2 0.1 0.1

KBCO really? What in the world made KBCO to be #1 this time around?
    And it looks like 107.1 is doing not so bad in the ratings with this new format for once? I am quite surprised actually? I never thought that this new format on 107.1 wouldn't work at all! so 2.0 isn't so bad for them actually. But how did KBCO get to be number from KQMT? I also think that ESPN on 105.5 isn't working for them.
    This post came from Radiodude!

KBCO constantly does great for years in the ratings in Denver. This is an Alternative/Adult Alternative/Classic Rock town with KTCL and KQMT also being constantly among the top rated.

ESPN KJAC's signal in Denver does not help them in the ratings. Plus, when they dropped a lot of their local personalities when they were on 102.3, it hurt them and they have never really recovered. It could be a game changer when KKFN is sold this year and the new owner decides to change the format.

So here's me thinking outloud:

What is going on with KQKS? They used to be in the top 5 for years... now 15th. I guess KPTT, KJHM, and KFCO are all hurting KQKS pretty badly now.

I'm really surprised KKZN hasn't gone all-sports with their lackluster ratings and how iHeart has changed most of their former liberal talk stations to sports.
    iHeart could scoop up some of the Mile High Sports peeps before they come back later this summer on Cedar Cove's 1340 AM. And then use their translator on 107.9 FM for KKZN to create a new sports station.

And how long will Wilks keep KWOF Country? I can think of other formats that could do better on that frequency. Although their signal in Denver isn't up to the ones that have their transmitters on Lookout, so that could be hurting them a little...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    KBCO constantly does great for years in the ratings in Denver. This is an Alternative/Adult Alternative/Classic Rock town with KTCL and KQMT also being constantly among the top rated.

ESPN KJAC's signal in Denver does not help them in the ratings. Plus, when they dropped a lot of their local personalities when they were on 102.3, it hurt them and they have never really recovered. It could be a game changer when KKFN is sold this year and the new owner decides to change the format.

So here's me thinking outloud:

What is going on with KQKS? They used to be in the top 5 for years... now 15th. I guess KPTT, KJHM, and KFCO are all hurting KQKS pretty badly now.

I'm really surprised KKZN hasn't gone all-sports with their lackluster ratings and how iHeart has changed most of their former liberal talk stations to sports.
    iHeart could scoop up some of the Mile High Sports peeps before they come back later this summer on Cedar Cove's 1340 AM. And then use their translator on 107.9 FM for KKZN to create a new sports station.

And how long will Wilks keep KWOF Country? I can think of other formats that could do better on that frequency. Although their signal in Denver isn't up to the ones that have their transmitters on Lookout, so that could be hurting them a little...
    Lets do a flash back here ROB...
    Remember when 760 got sold to CC and it did do sports and flopped at that format.. And I thought that 107.9 was for KOA? Whatever happened to that idea?
    For KWOF? Well they do have a good morning crew finally, not sure how that well work out in the long run, but at least they got fresh voices on that station. Remember also 92.5 was once a country station before it went Jammin after 92.1 went spanish?
    Now that they got KJHM/KFCO transmitter fixed, (after all these times) yes it has done wonders for KQKS(What a surprise). I mean KFCO finally making a dent to someone, after how many format changes?

ROB, they said they are going to be on FM NOT AM! They also said if you can recall? They are goin to be stronger and powerful on a new frequency, so AM is out.
    Why would they go from FM to a weak AM signal that no one can eve pick up outside of Denver?
    I do believe that IHEART has KKZN format locked in as a non local business station.. Automated via Satellite.
    This post came from Radiodude!

I think KWOF would benefit from going to a classic country format. Classic country had decent numbers when it was 104.3 many years ago.

I too was surprised to see the numbers for KQKS after being so high in the ratings for many years. KQKS was toward the top and KPTT had much lower numbers. Now it's reversed.

KKZN needs some type of local personality in the morning. Right now there's nothing to tie it in as a local station. It seems like it was doomed to fail from the start.

When I see the numbers for KOA and KXKL, I'm reminded about how one poor programming decision can have long lasting results. Both used to be top 5 stations (sometimes dipping to top 10 status but still very strong numbers). Then, KXKL decided to go all Christmas and compete with KOSI a couple years ago and KOA decided to switch around Limbaugh and Rosen. Neither station ever recovered from those events. This falls into the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" category.

How long can KEZW afford to have live staff on their payroll when they are consistently around 0.5? Is satellite or even a format change a possibility?

And finally, it's great to have a locally owned and operated radio station with live DJ's on KCKK. With this being such a rarity, I really hope they can make it. Is 0.4 sustainable for them over the long run?

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Lets do a flash back here ROB...
    Remember when 760 got sold to CC and it did do sports and flopped at that format.. And I thought that 107.9 was for KOA? Whatever happened to that idea?
    For KWOF? Well they do have a good morning crew finally, not sure how that well work out in the long run, but at least they got fresh voices on that station. Remember also 92.5 was once a country station before it went Jammin after 92.1 went spanish?
    Now that they got KJHM/KFCO transmitter fixed, (after all these times) yes it has done wonders for KQKS(What a surprise). I mean KFCO finally making a dent to someone, after how many format changes?

ROB, they said they are going to be on FM NOT AM! They also said if you can recall? They are goin to be stronger and powerful on a new frequency, so AM is out.
    Why would they go from FM to a weak AM signal that no one can eve pick up outside of Denver?
    I do believe that IHEART has KKZN format locked in as a non local business station.. Automated via Satellite.
    I think another format or some tweaking (like local hosts) on KKZN would do better than 0.1's and 0.2's. iHeart is using 107.9 FM for KOA now, but they could reassign it to KKZN if they wanted to.

If you were talking about Mile High Sports at "they" in your post, it was posted by others that they will be on 1340 AM this summer. And then possibly an FM translator as well.

Thread Information