17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 191

0 members and 191 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Channel 7's New Graphics

Has anyone noticed the new graphics on Channel 7 lately?

True they put KMGH more in line with other Scripps Howard stations but compared to some of the others on Denver TV, I kinda like them myself

One bugaboo I wish they'd address though.....

I see they have the now famous modern Circle 7 logo not only in the lower right hand corner of the screen but also embedded in the square on the lower left hand corner of the screen as well (Along with their website & other things). My point is what's the point of having the logo there when they've already got it on the right? Conversely, what's the point in having the logo on the right side of the screen if they're going to embed it in the square on the left side of the screen? Is it just me or does that seem kinda REDUNDANT ??

Thoughts?

Cheers
    Pat Cook
    Englewood, CO

I noticed that too. Their spanish channel KZCO Azteca America which is on 7-2 also now has the same new graphics for their local news.

The weather maps also changed in the last week or so. They are easier to see and read due to increased contrasts in the background compared to the graphics, but they got rid of some cities like Scottsbluff, Laramie, and Cheyenne, as well as few Colorado cities, being on the maps. I always wondered why they just cannot do a regional forecast, dividing the state up into five sections or so and focusing on that. I guess time is the factor why not, although there is always at least 30 seconds of "news" material that would not be missed whatsoever every newscast, as well as the overly generous camera time of the on-air personalities smiling, laughing, joking, gabbing, preening ...

I wish I could like 7news. New graphics or not, I try and watch them, just can't tolerate their news for some reason. On the other hand I like WCPO (KMGH sister station in Cincy). I guess its just a habit that I switch between 4, 9, 2 & 31. I do however like 7's website better then channel 9's. I think some of the anchor folk at 7news needs a overhaul, its like a no personality newscast. As for 9news, they turn every story into a documentary and some sad tale about some disadvantaged minority.

Thread Information