17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 163

0 members and 163 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,052
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,092)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Kevin Torres Leaves 9News UPDATE: Now At Fox 31 KDVR & Channel 2 KWGN UPDATE Has Been Hired Full Time

From his Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres

Hi friends. I want you to know I will no longer be reporting for 9NEWS. A decision was made last Thursday to part ways. I've had such an amazing time telling you stories from all over the beautiful state of Colorado for the last 5 and a half years. There will always be a special place in my heart for Colorado's small towns. Not only will I miss all of you folks, but I'll also miss my family at 9NEWS (Linda, Tim, Kris, TaRhonda, Cheryl, Kim, Mark, Kathy, Drew, Kyle D., Patti, Adele, a ton of others, and mostly: Kyle Clark). Kyle is like a brother to me. The kind of brother who picks on his younger brother (and vice versa). I had a blast and I'll always look back at my time at 9NEWS with a huge smile on my face.

So, what's next for me? I'm currently mulling over some incredible opportunities at other stations. But for the first time in my life, I actually have some time to sit back and relax. So before I make any career-related decisions, I'm gonna head home to New York to spend some time with my nephews and help take care of my mom and the farm. Instead of telling news-related stories, I'm looking forward to telling bed time stories to Mason and Gryphon for a bit.

To the nearly 19,000 of you who follow me here on Facebook, I hope you'll continue to do so. I promise to let you know the moment I decide on a new station.

Default Kevin Torres, fired from 9News, gets try-out at Fox31-KWGN

From The Denver Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	torres-495x495.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	637

Kevin Torres, a reporter for KUSA-Channel 9 since 2009 who was abruptly fired from the station two weeks ago, will begin a trial/freelance assignment at KDVR-Channel 31/KWGN-Channel 2 this week.

Neither Torres nor 9News management would discuss the reason for his dismissal at KUSA. Within the industry, it is well known that a traffic citation involving the station-owned vehicle preceded Torres’ being let go from the station, but it is unclear what role that incident played in the decision.

On his Facebook page, Torres made an appeal to his social media followers to switch station allegience and stay tuned to his reporting.

Torres has made a name with his “Storytelling” segments on 9News and told his followers he hopes to continue using those skills in his new post.

More...

Default Kevin Torres hired fulltime at KDVR

From The Denver Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender-196x300.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	662

Kevin Torres, the reporter bounced from KUSA-Channel 9, then given a sort of on-air tryout on KDVR-Channel 31, has been hired fulltime by KDVR.

He knows how to self promote, witness the photo he posted via social media when he started the tryout. Torres said he plans some small-town storytelling for the May sweeps. Meanwhile, he offered a new bio shot to go along with the contract signed today.

Details of the firing remain undisclosed, the widespread rumors unconfirmed.

More...

Thread Information