17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 187

0 members and 187 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Media Newsroom View Post
    From The Denver Post:

Radio report: Mile High Sports Radio have been silenced for now

Mile High Sports radio (94.1 FM, 1550 AM) has been off the air since Thursday.

As part of a complicated broadcasting ownership deal, the two frequencies are now the properties of Marco Broadcasting. Marco has switched both stations to "oldies" music formats.

Mile High Sports president James Merilatt says his company's sports format will return to new dial slots "in the near future."

Irv Brown and Joe Williams, longtime talk show hosts who had been doing the 1-2 p.m. weekday show, were called Thursday morning and told not to come in.

Mile High operates differently from most sports radio outlets. Talk show hosts buy air time from Mile High and sell advertising spots to sponsors.

More...
    Oldies huh? I wish someone would tell the people over at radio-locator.com, since they have it as a Classic Rock station.
    It makes me wonder if they are either talking about KJAC or KKFN? There isn't any other Strong frequencies left in Denver that is up for sale?
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Oldies huh? I wish someone would tell the people over at radio-locator.com, since they have it as a Classic Rock station.
    It makes me wonder if they are either talking about KJAC or KKFN? There isn't any other Strong frequencies left in Denver that is up for sale?
    The Denver Post/Dusty Saunders has it wrong. KDCO has been playing a mix of Adult Alternative and Classic Rock.

Any station is up for sale, if you have enough money. So Mile High Sport's new station could be almost any of them...

So as i searched, the end of the second quarter of 2015 is June 30th.. So if he was going to air the new Sports format on a stronger single on June 1st, than he is out of luck to get KKFN than? Since that station won't be sold off until June 30th, as i understand it ?

There are just so many possibilities...

It could be that Mile High Sports enters into a lease agreement for KKFN. Or is able to buy it. But I really think the price would be too high for them.

Or Mile High Sports shows up on another station either through a lease agreement or a purchase...

One possibility that keeps entering my head is that they could show up on a station like KKZN 760 AM. KKZN's signal covers the front range and their ratings haven't been good so the format change could be a win-win for iHeart and Mile High Sports.

KDCO 1550 AM has changed their call letters to KBUD.

So, will we see a "Bud 94-1" branding soon? Most likely a reference to the legal pot here...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    There are just so many possibilities...

It could be that Mile High Sports enters into a lease agreement for KKFN. Or is able to buy it. But I really think the price would be too high for them.

Or Mile High Sports shows up on another station either through a lease agreement or a purchase...

One possibility that keeps entering my head is that they could show up on a station like KKZN 760 AM. KKZN's signal covers the front range and their ratings haven't been good so the format change could be a win-win for iHeart and Mile High Sports.
    Will you should find out this monday on where MHS is on the FM or AM dial. For IHEART TO sell of the worthless KKZN would be interesting. So now more pot format? Sheez. Doesn't anyone have any common sense anymore these days in radio?

I doubt iHeart would sell KKZN.

They could LMA it. Or just let Mile High Sports program it.

KBUD 1550AM/94.1 FM was playing an all-U2 format earlier today. U2 is playing here next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I doubt iHeart would sell KKZN.

They could LMA it. Or just let Mile High Sports program it.

KBUD 1550AM/94.1 FM was playing an all-U2 format earlier today. U2 is playing here next weekend.
    Well as i remember hearing this past Saturday, the announcement was that Mile High Sports would return to 1550/94.1.
    Actually, I think they increased the power to 1550 since before it wasn't able to be picked up here in Fort collins?

Default KBUD 1550 AM/94.1 FM Debuts As 'Smokin 94-1'

From All Access:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kbud2015.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	677

MARCO BROADCASTING CORP. is debuting Rock KBUD-A-K231BQ (SMOKIN 94.1)/DENVER as what it calls the "first music station to specifically target people who smoke pot, which is legal in COLORADO."
    The station has added the syndicated BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE show for mornings. MARCO bought the station, the former Sports KDCO, in MARCH from 4K'S LLLP, which bought the station from VIC MICHAEL's ADVANCED MODULATION BROADCASTING, LLC and CEDAR COVE BROADCASTING, INC. just before that.
    KBUD owner MARC PASKIN said, "I have created a unique radio format, there is no radio station anywhere in the country like SMOKIN 94.1. There is not a better fit for our mornings than BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE. He loves weed, fast cars, hot girls, and rock music. I think BUBBA will take DENVER by storm!"
    BUBBA added, “Rock music and smoking pot have historically gone together like peanut butter and jelly. The BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE Show has been an advocate for the legalization of marijuana long before it was the cool thing to do. Our listeners understand these facts, which is why many loyal BUBBA ARMY members from my national audience have moved to COLORADO since they legalized weed, so it will be like hooking up with old friends. I can’t wait to fire it up in DENVER.”

more

Default Pot Rock Smokes Into Denver

From Radio Insight:

With the exit of “Mile High Sports Radio“, Marco Broadcasting has relaunched 1550 KDCO/94.1 K231BQ Golden/Denver, CO as “Smokin 94.1” KBUD. Featuring a mix of Rock hits and marijuana themed programming, KBUD will also air the syndicated Bubba The Love Sponge in mornings. The station is focusing on the niche of weed smokers in the first state to legalize marijuana, just like the short-lived on-air version of “K-High” in Colorado Springs.

Denver has a new morning show on a brand new radio station. The Bubba the Love Sponge Show ® will lead off when Smokin 94.1 debuts early Monday. The four-hour show featuring Bubba, Ned, Manson and 25 Cent, will air Monday through Friday from 6-10 am on the first station in the United States to specifically target people who smoke pot – which is legal in Colorado. “I have created a unique radio format, there is no radio station anywhere in the country like Smokin 94.1,” claims owner Marc Paskin. “There is not a better fit for our morning show than Bubba the Love Sponge ®. I think Bubba will take Denver by storm!” Bubba is equally excited about his ‘Rocky Mountain High’ debut. “Rock music and smoking pot have historically gone together like peanut butter and jelly,” he says. “The Bubba the Love Sponge Show® has been an advocate for the legalization of marijuana long before it was the cool thing to do. Our listeners understand these facts, which is why many loyal Bubba Army® members from my national audience have moved to Colorado since they legalized weed, so it will be like hooking up with old friends. I can’t wait to fire it up in Denver.” The rest of Smokin 94.1?s day will feature a rock music format. Ed Blaze will man the controls from 10 am to 3 pm. Gary Ganja will handle the drive home from 3-7 pm and Stoney Reynolds will handle the 7pm-midnight shift. Billy Blunt is a weekend jock at the station.

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails smokin941.png  

Thread Information