17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 269

0 members and 269 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Mile High Sports Sells 94.1 FM and KDCO 1550 AM. UPDATE: has launched as Smokin 94.1 FM. Mile High Sports going to 1340 AM?

From All Access:

4-K'S LLLP is selling Sports KDCO-A and K231BQ (MILE HIGH SPORTS RADIO)/GOLDEN-DENVER, CO to MARC PASKIN's MARCO BROADCASTING CORP. for $875,000. 4-K'S recently closed on the purchase of the stations from VIC MICHAEL's ADVANCED MODULATION BROADCASTING, LLC and CEDAR COVE BROADCASTING, INC. for $550,000 earlier this month.

more

A $325,000 profit. Not bad.

Could they (Greg Merillat's 4-K's LLP) be selling KDCO 1550 AM and it's FM translator at 94.1 FM because they (Mile High Sports) are in the running to buy KKFN 104.3 FM?
    If not, will the new owner keep the existing sports format?
    Or will it change to something totally different?

This will be Marc Paskin's only radio property so far.

KDCO has applied with the FCC to go from 990 watts to 5,000 watts.

The FCC has approved the power increase for KDCO to go to 5,000 watts during the day.

Default Sales Of Denver AM-Translator Combo Closes

From All Access:

4-K'S LLLP has closed on the sale of Sports KDCO-A and K231BQ (MILE HIGH SPORTS RADIO)/GOLDEN-DENVER, CO to MARC PASKIN's MARCO BROADCASTING CORP. for $875,000.

more

KDCO AM is now playing music. I can't pickup 94.1 FM here to see if it is playing the same feed.
    It's a mix of Adult Alternative and Classic Rock. The songs have gaps of silence between them and there's no jocks.

Mile High Sports' web site posted today:

"Mile High Sports Radio is making changes! In the coming days, we will be announcing where you’ll be able to find all of your favorite shows. The new version of MHSR will be bigger and better than ever!
    We appreciate the support of our loyal listeners and sponsors, and look forward to continuing to provide Colorado sports fans with the best live and local sports talk in Denver.
    "

Host Gil Whiteley posted on his twitter today:

"Mile High Sports Radio grows again. . . We are moving to a new and stronger signal next week on June 1st. I'll keep you posted."
    "I'll let you know when I can give you our new numbers. . . Looking forward to reaching out to more of the Colorado's front range."

This makes me wonder if Mile High Sports Radio could be headed to 104.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    This makes me wonder if Mile High Sports Radio could be headed to 104.3.
    Then why would they apply to the FCC for higher power output than? That doesn't make any sense on why they would do that and than turn around and take over 104.3? Besides the sale of Lincoln hasn't completed yet. They still own that station, among the rest.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Then why would they apply to the FCC for higher power output than? That doesn't make any sense on why they would do that and than turn around and take over 104.3? Besides the sale of Lincoln hasn't completed yet. They still own that station, among the rest.
    You're right the sale of Lincoln has not been completed yet but the sale of 1550 KDCO and the 94.1 Translator has closed according to RadioInsight. As a result Mile High Sports Radio is moving from that signal to an stronger one in Denver.

From: http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlin...off-in-denver/

With Marc Paskin’s Marco Broadcasting closing on its $875,000 acquisition of 1550 KDCO/94.1 K231BQ Golden, CO/Denver from 4-K’s LLLP, “Mile High Sports Radio” has lost its on-air home.

A message on the station’s website states: Mile High Sports Radio is making changes! In the coming days, we will be announcing where you’ll be able to find all of your favorite shows. The new version of MHSR will be bigger and better than ever! We appreciate the support of our loyal listeners and sponsors, and look forward to continuing to provide Colorado sports fans with the best live and local sports talk in Denver. Stay tuned!

One of the station’s hosts, Gil Whiteley tweeted that the programming will return on a “new and stronger signal” on Monday, June 1.

No word yet where its new home will be. Mile High Sports Radio grows again... We are moving to a new and stronger signal next week on June 1st. I'll keep you posted. — Gil Whiteley

This is the second time the Mile High Sports Radio programming was displaced by a sale. In March 2014, the station relocated from 1510 KCKK Littleton/93.7 K229BS Loveland after its owners sold the signals to Hunt Broadcasting for $1.6 million. 4-K’s then purchased 1550/94.1 from Advanced Modulation Broadcasting in November for $550,000 before turning around in February to sell them for $875,000. No word yet on what is currently airing on 1550 KDCO/94.1 K231BQ.

I haven't heard any solid word about Mile High Sports buying KKFN, but it is a great possibility if they have the credit/cash to do it. We will find out for sure a week from Monday (or before).

BUT, I assume KKFN will sell for up to 5-10 times what Mile High just sold KDCO/94.1 for.
    AND, as far as I know, the divestiture of KKFN has been held up for some legal reasons.

The power upgrades of KDCO and 94.1 was probably a part of the deal for the new buyer, Marc Paskin. It does make the station worth more.

It will be interesting to see what Paskin will do with KDCO/94.1.
    As I've said over the past few years, an Classic Alternative/Retro 80s/90s format could do well here. Someone could get some listeners away from KTCL and KBCO.

Default Radio report: Mile High Sports Radio have been silenced for now

From The Denver Post:

Radio report: Mile High Sports Radio have been silenced for now

Mile High Sports radio (94.1 FM, 1550 AM) has been off the air since Thursday.

As part of a complicated broadcasting ownership deal, the two frequencies are now the properties of Marco Broadcasting. Marco has switched both stations to "oldies" music formats.

Mile High Sports president James Merilatt says his company's sports format will return to new dial slots "in the near future."

Irv Brown and Joe Williams, longtime talk show hosts who had been doing the 1-2 p.m. weekday show, were called Thursday morning and told not to come in.

Mile High operates differently from most sports radio outlets. Talk show hosts buy air time from Mile High and sell advertising spots to sponsors.

More...

Thread Information