17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 179

0 members and 179 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Really? Mom and Pop stations don't exist? What is 93.7 the rock? His station isn't the only locally owned station, I guess he forgot about that? And as we all know (and I guess he doesn't know this) but 93.7 The ROCK has put "FUN" back in radio way before he started this station.
    If he is going to decrease his power outage then he well loose listeners, besides those that found it online though.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Default The Offical press release from CPR on 1340 for 88.3

So here is the OFFICAL Press Release of the Sale of 1340 AM for 88.3:

CENTENNIAL, Colo. May 28, 2015 – Colorado Public Radio (CPR) announced that OpenAir will start broadcasting on 88.3 FM in Fort Collins starting later this summer, meeting an expressed listener need to improve the quality and accessibility of CPR’s new music service. The new frequency builds on OpenAir’s recent move to FM on 102.3 in Denver/Boulder earlier this year.

“As Colorado’s destination for new music discovery, OpenAir needs to reflect what’s happening not just in the Denver metro area, but in key areas across the state,” said Senior Vice President of Programming Sean Nethery. “Since launching in 2011, we’ve featured a number of Fort Collins bands and artists on the air and in the CPR Performance Studio. Bringing OpenAir to Fort Collins will give listeners more access to these and the many terrific local musicians that are putting Colorado on the map as a major music destination.”

Since its inception, OpenAir has highlighted Colorado’s music community and provided listeners with insight and commentary about local musicians, new albums and upcoming events. More than 300 local, national and international bands have recorded performances and interviews in the CPR Performance Studio.

The addition of 88.3 FM was made possible through a trade purchase agreement with Cedar Cove Broadcasting, exchanging CPR’s 1340 AM in Denver for the Fort Collins frequency. CPR will continue to own the 1340 AM tower and the surrounding 10 acres at Ruby Hill.

- See more at: https://www.cpr.org/about/press-room....BMmrmNLT.dpuf

That info was already posted in the thread about the swap: http://www.coloradomedia.net/forums/...er-this-summer

I'm thinking we may need to split the posts about the CPR swap, Mile High Sports Rumors and Smokin' 94.1 into separate threads...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That info was already posted in the thread about the swap: http://www.coloradomedia.net/forums/...er-this-summer

I'm thinking we may need to split the posts about the CPR swap, Mile High Sports Rumors and Smokin' 94.1 into separate threads...
    Remember what I shared Rob about CPR? The only swap going on with them is the 1340 AM for 88.3 FM up here in Fort collins, and I doubt it if the ower of KBUD is keeping Mile High Sports alive. (Did you even read that news article at all that I shared on here?). I think Mile High Sports is Dead and should be left that way.

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Remember what I shared Rob about CPR? The only swap going on with them is the 1340 AM for 88.3 FM up here in Fort collins, and I doubt it if the ower of KBUD is keeping Mile High Sports alive. (Did you even read that news article at all that I shared on here?). I think Mile High Sports is Dead and should be left that way.

According to Mile High Sports, they will be on 1340 AM once the sale of KVOQ AM is approved by the FCC between CPR and Cedar Cove. I never said Mile High Sports was staying on 1550 AM/94.1 FM, so I'm really not sure what you are arguing here...

The FCC has approved the sale of KVOQ AM to Cedar Cove as of July 14th.
    I'm being told that Mile High Sports will return to the airwaves on 1340 AM starting Monday, July 27th.

Mile High Sports is back on the Denver airwaves as of this morning on KVOQ 1340 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Mile High Sports is back on the Denver airwaves as of this morning on KVOQ 1340 AM.
    Oh goo-die! Now lets see how long they can last? Since no one knows about this at all! I figured it out.. CPR sold the license right to Ceder Cove, in return they then sold it Mile High Sports..
    Now why would anyone listen or care that they are back on the air? I mean we still got 104.3 The Fan, and ESPN Radio at 105.5? They are going to really have a hard time on getting listeners, considering
    all the frequency shuffles they have done.

I don't think that Cedar Cove has sold the station to Mile High Sports. It is probably a lease agreement.

The transmitter equipment was also included in the sale from CPR as the 1340 AM signal is still using the same HD Radio encoder and the RDS was still displaying "Open Air" as of yesterday when I checked.

Thread Information