14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 170

0 members and 170 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,281
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,321)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Eli Stokols jumps to Politico

From The Denver Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140402__20140403_C1_AE03TVSTOKOLSp1-495x317.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	628

Political reporter and anchor Eli Stokols, who has made a mark covering Colorado politics for KDVR for the past seven years, has been hired by Politico to be based in Washington, D.C. and cover the 2016 election on a national platform. It was only a matter of time.

Stokols, who has served as co-anchor on KWGN on weeknights, written long political pieces for 5280 and hosted a political talk show, “COPolitics,” excelled at breaking stories and making politics understandable and intriguing to those of us couch.

He has made no secret of his national ambitions.

KDVR-KWGN News Director Holly Gauntt said in a memo to staff: “Both CNN and POLITCO have come knocking, each wanting Eli to join their political team. After much soul searching, Eli has chosen to accept the job with POLITICO. It is one of the most well respected political websites/blogs in the country.

Please join me in congratulating Eli on landing his dream job! Eli will be with us for a few more weeks while we look for his replacement.”

Stokols emailed, “After nearly a decade here, I’m excited about a chance to re-plant myself in a way. Politico has offered me an opportunity to take my journalism in a different direction, to cover the 2016 presidential race on a national platform and to be part of a team of reporters and editors that is second to none. I’m so grateful to Politico editor Susan Glasser for this opportunity and thrilled to have the chance to learn from her and so many others.

My girlfriend, Ellie Atkeson, and I are excited about what’s ahead for us and our chihuahua, Jasper, in DC. The hard part is starting to say goodbye to Colorado and so many friends, Fox31 colleagues, politicians and all the politicos who’ve made this work so fulfilling and so fun. Building real relationships is what enables a journalist to get information, to get at the heart of the story. It’s also what makes a transition like this bittersweet.”

More...

Thread Information