17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 170

0 members and 170 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,052
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,092)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default KXDE 107.1 FM Flys To Classic Hip-Hop

From Radio Insight:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fly1071.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	606

Max Media has flipped Classic Alternative “107X” 107.1 KXDE Bennett/Denver to the format du-jour of the season as it becomes Classic Hip-Hop “Fly 107.1“. The station is running commercial free through the month of January where it will create a flanker to sister Rhythmic Oldies “Jammin 101.5” KJHM. The flip gives KXDE its third format this year as it previously shifted from Variety Hits “Jack-FM” to Classic Alternative in March. The format never took off registering just a 0.4 share in the December 2014 Nielsen Audio PPM ratings.

more

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Media Newsroom View Post
    From Radio Insight:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fly1071.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	606

Max Media has flipped Classic Alternative “107X” 107.1 KXDE Bennett/Denver to the format du-jour of the season as it becomes Classic Hip-Hop “Fly 107.1“. The station is running commercial free through the month of January where it will create a flanker to sister Rhythmic Oldies “Jammin 101.5” KJHM. The flip gives KXDE its third format this year as it previously shifted from Variety Hits “Jack-FM” to Classic Alternative in March. The format never took off registering just a 0.4 share in the December 2014 Nielsen Audio PPM ratings.

more
    So Jack Failed, and 107X failed and now Fly??!?!? Oh my god, can't Max Media find anything to work on 107.1???
    This post came from Radiodude!

It's a shame, because they could have made 107x work if it skewed classic alternative, instead of trying to be classic KBPI. They should do a lot better with the classic hip-hop. But could be a hard format to sell advertising for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    It's a shame, because they could have made 107x work if it skewed classic alternative, instead of trying to be classic KBPI. They should do a lot better with the classic hip-hop. But could be a hard format to sell advertising for.
    This is the 4th attempt, 4 times they have tried a different format. I think, i know why they are dong this? Becasue they see 101.5, doing so well in the ratings that
    they figure that is what people want to listen to? What I also think killed it was, sadly to say, uncle nasty was not pulling in the ratings in the morning! And we all know just how
    important, the morning shows are on an FM station, along with the afternoon drive. Their weak signal back in the summer didn't help them either, now that they got it fixed, they might
    have a chance with this format.
    If not, we can see in the future attempt #5 sheez.
    Btw ROB, marry Christmas man.

The Radio Insight story was updated about two weeks ago. Fly 107.1 is now known as Flo 107.1 and has a new call sign, KFCO. Checking the FCC database, I see KFCO has listings for four Denver-area booster transmitters in addition to its 20kw booster in Aurora.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr115 View Post
    The Radio Insight story was updated about two weeks ago. Fly 107.1 is now known as Flo 107.1 and has a new call sign, KFCO. Checking the FCC database, I see KFCO has listings for four Denver-area booster transmitters in addition to its 20kw booster in Aurora.
    Thanks for posting the info! You are correct about the call sign change. They changed it to KFCO as of the 27th.

Here's the update on changing from Fly to Flo from Radio Insight from January 16th:

Max Media has swiftly rebranded Classic Hip-Hop “Fly 107.1” KXDE Bennett/Denver as “FLO 107.1“. As these quick changes are normally associated with trademark infringement, did SiriusXM’s Classic Hip-Hop webcaster “SiriusXM Fly” lead to the rebranding? That company has “SiriusXM Fly” trademarked, but not “Fly” by itself. At least two terrestrial stations predate SiriusXM in using the moniker; Pamal CHR “Fly 92” WFLY Albany, NY and Alpha Media Variety Hits “Fly 92.9” WGTZ Dayton.

Read more at: http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlin...assic-hip-hop/

I wonder now... How long well this format last? From listening to it, I don't think it well last very long, but I also wonder, who do they have hired to be on the air after January?
    Flo? What a unique call letters.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr115 View Post
    It sounds like management over there is A: stupid and B: greedy.
    This made them an easy mark for flimflam men which made a stack of bizarre claims and sold them a pile of junk. This is also why the signal was worse than usual last year. i'd expect them to surrender those booster licenses when it's regulatory fee time.

By my count this is six formats in five years (Talk, Urban, EDM, Jack, Alternative, Classic Hip-Hop). Perhaps the real change needs to be somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOverdrive View Post
    By my count this is six formats in five years (Talk, Urban, EDM, Jack, Alternative, Classic Hip-Hop). Perhaps the real change needs to be somewhere else...
    I think you got 107.1 confused with 101.5, becasue I know for a fact that 107.1 was never a talk radio station at all!) Here is a link from Wikipedia on the history of 107.1
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KXDE

As you can recall 101.5 tried to be talk and failed at every attempt.

Thread Information