17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 289

0 members and 289 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default KYGO 98.5 FM/KRWZ 950 AM PD John Thomas Exits After Two Years

From Radio Online:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JohnThomas.GIF 
Views:	25 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	36

John Thomas (aka JT) exits Lincoln Financial Media's Country KYGO-FM/Denver as Program Director after two years. He also programmed Oldies KRWZ-AM. Thomas came to LFM in October, 2010 from Entercom in Rochester, NY, where he was Director of Operations and Programming for the five-station cluster there. Previously, he hosted mornings on WBNS-FM/Columbus, along with program and management stints in Savannah, GA, and Grand Rapids.

With the exit of Thomas, afternoon talent Keola is named interim PD. Before joining the station in August, he was Program Director and morning host at Hot AC KBFF-FM/Portland, OR, and Assistant PD/MD and Director of Digital Programming and afternoons at Country KUPL-FM.

more

Default John Thomas Exits KYGO, Keola Steps In As ‘Interim PD'

From All Access:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JohnThomas.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	38

ALL ACCESS has learned that LINCOLN FINANCIAL Country KYGO/DENVER, CO PD JOHN (JT) THOMAS has exited after 2-years.

Replacing THOMAS as interim PD at KYGO will be afternoon personality KEOLA. Before joining KYGO this year, KEOLA was at ALPHA BROADCASTING Country KUPL/PORTLAND, OR and the former ENTERCOM Country KBWF (THE WOLF)/SAN FANCISCO

Interested candidates for the KYGO PD Position should reach out to Sr VP/Programming JOHN DIMICK at john.dimick@lincolnfinancialmedia.com.

more

KYGO and KRWZ has been a mess.

KYGO dropped out of the top 10 in this last book 12+. So JT being let go is not a big surprise.

They also need to get someone to take over the programming of KRWZ as it isn't hitting its full potential either.
    I still think replacing KRWZ with a comedy format on 103.1 was a big mistake.

Default John Thomas Takes New Position For Toby Keith’s ‘I Love This Bar & Grill’

From All Access:

Industry veteran JOHN "JT" THOMAS, most recently PD at LINCOLN FINANCIAL Country KYGO/ DENVER, CO, has accepted the newly created position of VP/Marketing And Entertainment for BOOMTOWN ENTERTAINMENT LLC. THOMAS will oversee marketing for SHOW DOG-UNIVERSAL MUSIC artist TOBY KEITH’S I LOVE THIS BAR & GRILL chain. The announcement was made TODAY (2/1), by BOOMTOWN CEO/ Pres. FRANK CAPRI.
    "I’m ecstatic to join FRANK and the team he has in place. It’s exciting to be part of this business at this time when country music continues to explode” said THOMAS. “TOBY KEITH’S I LOVE THIS BAR & GRILL super serves the Country life group and there isn’t anything else like it."
    FRANK CAPRI added, "In this role JT will have oversight in booking artists for our ever expanding group, act as the liaison to the NASHVILLE community in order to develop strategic partnerships that are mutually beneficial, and directly oversee our various partnerships with radio, television, print, and social media."

more

JT at KYGO was a disaster, the only direction they went ratings wise in his 2 years was down. He let veterans like Kelly Ford and Paul Donovan walk (mutual decisions), and showed others the door. Im not so sure about the new (cheaper) morning show and that "general gridlock" traffic guy that is annoying as the day is long. I can't ever remember another Denver radio station going to he!! in 2 years as bad as KYGO has.

In the past week I've noticed KYGO really playing some recent releases; its good to hear them playing the new stuff faster, with John Thomas it seemed like forever for them to get new stuff like Eric Church's "Like Jesus Does" and Miranda Lambert "Mama's Broken Heart" into rotation. Now if they can just get rid of the General Gridlock d-bag.

Thread Information