14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 168

0 members and 168 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,275
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,315)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

I hear KSE are high in the running to buy KKFN, along with a Spanish format-based company. I'm also hearing from sources that the odds of Front Range Sports buying it are pretty low. The studio could stay where they are, depending on if the company buying it has equipment in place. The new owner could just "rent" the existing studio too. I'm hearing that a deal most likely will be done in the next 30 days.

Default FCC OKs Lincoln Financial-Entercom Deal

From All Access:

The FCC has approved the sale of LINCOLN FINANCIAL MEDIA's radio stations to ENTERCOM for $105 million. In conjunction with the long-delayed approval, ENTERCOM has filed to convert LINCOLN FINANCIAL MEDIA's holding companies into DELAWARE Limited Liability Company as ENTERCOM DENVER II, LLC, ENTERCOM ATLANTA LICENSE, LLC, ENTERCOM MIAMI LICENSE, LLC, and ENTERCOM SAN DIEGO LICENSE, LLC, effective immediately upon closing.

more

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Media Newsroom View Post
    From All Access:

The FCC has approved the sale of LINCOLN FINANCIAL MEDIA's radio stations to ENTERCOM for $105 million. In conjunction with the long-delayed approval, ENTERCOM has filed to convert LINCOLN FINANCIAL MEDIA's holding companies into DELAWARE Limited Liability Company as ENTERCOM DENVER II, LLC, ENTERCOM ATLANTA LICENSE, LLC, ENTERCOM MIAMI LICENSE, LLC, and ENTERCOM SAN DIEGO LICENSE, LLC, effective immediately upon closing.

more
    Good, now we can finally see what is going to happen with KKFN! I knew this had to be the end of the quarter. So let's see who gets KKFN, finally!
    This post came from Radiodude!

KKFN has been officially transferred to: "Pikes Peak Trust LLC as Trustee" headed Media Venture Partners broker Elliot Evers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    KKFN has been officially transferred to: "Pikes Peak Trust LLC as Trustee" headed Media Venture Partners broker Elliot Evers.

So does Pikes Peak Trust own any radio Stations in Colorado?
    And it has? I just looked on the FCC web site and it still says Lincoln? So where did you see this info Rob?
    Last edited by radiodude; July 2nd, 2015 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    So does Pikes Peak Trust own any radio Stations in Colorado?
    And it has? I just looked on the FCC web site and it still says Lincoln? So where did you see this info Rob?
    Here it is radiodude.

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws....&fac_num=71767

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Thanks Chase. So this is their only station they own it looks like?
    Well see, Mile High Sports radio is dead, so we should let it be that way. I wonder? Is this company going to keep KKFN the way it is?

That trust is only being used to sell KKFN and keep Entercom under the maximum amount of FM stations they own in the market. They will probably keep things the way they are and just accept bids. But they could also do a little cost cutting to make the station look more attractive to buyers.

Mile High Sports is promoting they will be on KVOQ 1340 AM once the FCC approves the deal between CPR to Cedar Cove. It should be sometime this month that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That trust is only being used to sell KKFN and keep Entercom under the maximum amount of FM stations they own in the market. They will probably keep things the way they are and just accept bids. But they could also do a little cost cutting to make the station look more attractive to buyers.

Mile High Sports is promoting they will be on KVOQ 1340 AM once the FCC approves the deal between CPR to Cedar Cove. It should be sometime this month that happens.
    That doesnt make any sense what so ever? They told me that KVOQ 1340 is being swapped for Cedar cover 88.3, and that CPR is going to keep 1340 and keep the owner ship of 1340.
    So I think Mile High Sports has been mislead on this one. 1340 isn't going to be sold to them at all.

RadioInsight is reporting this evening that Entercom could close on the deal with Lincoln Financial as soon as the end of next week or sooner.

Thread Information