14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 178

0 members and 178 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,274
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,314)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Score one for KDVR and Justin Joseph

From The Denver Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	justin.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	585

KDVR is congratulating one of its own today: Justin Joseph. While all local media have followed this story, Joseph of Fox31 was on the story first and most persistently.

Joseph’s reporting “really is the reason Tom Fallis, a former Weld County corrections deputy, is behind bars this morning, accused of murdering his wife,” Fox31 anchor Jeremy Hubbard said in a note to newsroom staffers.

Nearly two years ago, Joseph got a tip, did some research, and uncovered the fact that Ashley Fallis, a young Evans mother thought to have committed suicide at a New Year’s party at her home in 2012, may in fact have been murdered by her husband.

“Justin convinced the Evans Police Department to reopen the case. And hours ago, acting largely on information first made public by Justin on FOX 31 News, a Weld County grand jury handed up an indictment against that husband, Tom Fallis, for murder. This morning, Fallis was arrested in Indiana. And Justin was there, with Rico Romero, camera rolling, as Fallis was taken into custody.”

“I’m mostly happy for the family,” Joseph said Tuesday. “I’ve been in contact with them throughout. At one point, I was the only one listening to their story.” KDVR and Tribune have been “completely supportive” in terms of facilitating travel and time spent on the story. And he’s done it at a time when the station was without a news director.

Incoming news director Holly Gauntt, who won’t begin at KDVR-KWGN until next month, “already emailed me today,” Joseph said.

This is the kind of story that makes you feel good about the power of the media.

More...

Thread Information