17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 166

0 members and 166 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,051
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,091)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Rachel Maddow does Denver

From The Denver Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_img_0830.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	564

Rachel Maddow will host her MSNBC show from Denver Tuesday night with a lineup of local political candidates, political analysts — and a pot dispensary owner. “The Rachel Maddow Show” will broadcast at 7 p.m. from the roof of The Viewhouse Ballpark in LoDo.

Confirmed guests are Senator Mark Udall, Senator Michael Bennet, Denver Post political reporter Lynn Bartels, Irv Halter, the Democratic candidate for Colorado’s 5th Congressional District, and Janice Perino, owner of the Euflora marijuana dispensaries. The GOP candidates were invited; Doug Lamborn politely declined, Cory Gardner and Bob Beauprez did not respond.

“We asked everybody, we have the same problem on visits that we have on the show in New York. It’s very hard to get Republicans to come on the show because I’m a liberal. Nobody’s ever said that I’ve treated them unfairly, they’re just scared to be seen with me. I regret that they feel that way. It would be awesome to talk to Doug Lamborn, Cory Gardner, Bob Beauprez. I wish they could get beyond the knee-jerk strategic impulse.”

Talking to locals, she’s surprised people are still unaccustomed to the national political spotlight. “This isn’t the first time Colorado’s been at the center of the political fray,” Maddow said. Our bellwether status is tricky: “It’s so interesting to watch the Colorado pendulum swinging* what’s happened over the past 10 years is very Colorado-specific but also potentially determinative. Certainly there are national winds blowing, but it’s much more about the two of them (candidates in a local race) than about Obama.”

While here Maddow did the obligatory tour of a weed dispensary. “I’ve never been in a pot store before. I’m not saying I’ve never inhaled, it’s never been an important part of my life. I’m a semi-pro drinker*” (She mixes intricate cocktails on her show on Friday nights.) She had to pretend to know the difference between sativa and indica.

In her brief time here, she said, “I’ve never been so bombarded” by political ads. And she makes no predictions about the mid-term outcome and says any pollster who claims to have conclusive information is not to be trusted. “Nobody has any idea. In Colorado it’s crazy and unlike any other place in the country right now in terms of the sheer joy in the chaos.”

More...

Thread Information