17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 201

0 members and 201 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Entercom Denver Names New On-Air Lineup on KOSI 101.1 FM

From All Access:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KOSIUSETHISONE.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	561

ENTERCOM DENVER announced a new on-air lineup on AC KOSI (101). Starting NOVEMBER 3rd, JONATHAN WILDE will anchor the morning program from 6-10a (RMT); at midday, DENISE PLANTE from 10a-3p (RMT), and JAY CRUZE in the afternoon from 3-7p (RMT) Longtime morning show co-host, MURPHY HUSTON, will anchor KOSI’s weekend programming.

“We’re excited about taking a new direction,” said ENTERCOM DENVER OM MIKE PETERSON. “Additionally, we are thrilled that MURPHY will remain a key member of the KOSI family.”

WILDE brings more than 15 years of experience in DENVER to KOSI mornings. As the former voice of the DENVER NUGGETS and COLORADO CRUSH, Jonathan will energize the morning.

PLANTE is an EMMY AWARD-winning talent who will bring her fun, life stories, and pop culture news to middays. CRUZE started his radio career in CRAIG, CO., and has experience in NEW YORK, PITTSBURGH, DENVER and PORTLAND. He brings his high-energy and witty personality to KOSI afternoons.

“I looked around and realized that I’m the oldest guy in the building,” said HUSTON, who has been waking up DENVER on KOSI for more than 18 years. He and DENISE have been KOSI’s morning duo for more than 10 years.

“Due to events of this past year, I’ve learned to appreciate life more. It’s time for me to slow down and value the time I spend with my wife and grandchildren. After 28 years in DENVER radio, you can’t quit cold turkey. I’ve had a great career and I’m happy to host weekends and represent KOSI doing charitable work in our community.”

KOSI 101.1 has been a heritage DENVER radio station for more than 45 years. KOSI provides continuous lite rock for an audience of more than 720,000 weekly listeners. KOSI originated the “All CHRISTMAS Music” format in 2002 and transforms the station to continuous CHRISTMAS music from mid-NOVEMBER through CHRISTMAS DAY.

more

Default Murphy Huston ends weekday morning run on KOSI

From The Denver Post:

It’s the end of an era for Denver light rock radio listeners.
    Murphy Huston, a Denver radio fixture for 25 years, 14 of them as the weekday morning host on KOSI (101.1 FM), will end his weekday morning run beginning Nov. 3. He’ll continue to host on weekends.

Huston has been an outspoken advocate for breast cancer awareness and research after sharing his own diagnosis this year.

Announcing the station’s “new direction,” Entercom Denver Operations Manager Mike Peterson on Monday said Jonathan Wilde will take over mornings from 6-10 a.m.; Denise Plante, Huston’s longtime on-air partner, will handle mid-day, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.; and Jay Cruze will be on in afternoon 3-7 p.m.

“Long time morning show co-host, Murphy Huston, will anchor KOSI’s weekend programming,” the press release noted.

The release offered this statement from Huston:

“I looked around and realized that I’m the oldest guy in the building,” said Murphy Huston. Due to events of this past year, I’ve learned to appreciate life more. It’s time for me to slow down and value the time I spend with my wife and grandchildren. After 28 years in Denver Radio, you can’t quit cold turkey. I’ve had a great career and I’m happy to host weekends and represent KOSI doing charitable work in our community.”

While observing that “we are thrilled that Murphy will remain a key member of the KOSI family,” Peterson said Wilde, with more than 15 years experience including as the former voice of the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Crush, “will energize the morning.ost on weekends.

More...

Default Heritiage KOSI-FM/Denver Announces New Line-Up

From Radio Online:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JonathanWildeLarge.gif 
Views:	6 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	562

Entercom Denver announces a new on-air lineup on KOSI-FM. Starting November 3, Jonathan Wilde (pictured) will anchor mornings from 6-10am with Denise Plante in middays from 10am-3pm and Jay Cruze in afternoons from 3-7pm. Long time morning co-host, Murphy Huston will anchor KOSI's weekend programming. Wilde brings more than 15 years in the Denver market and was the former voice of the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Crush.

"We're excited about taking a new direction," said Entercom Denver Operations Manager, Mike Peterson. "Additionally, we are thrilled that Murphy will remain a key member of the KOSI family."

"I looked around and realized that I'm the oldest guy in the building," said Murphy Huston, who's been waking up Denver on KOSI for more than 18 years. He and Denise Plante served as morning duo for more than 10 years. "Due to events of this past year, I've learned to appreciate life more. It's time for me to slow down and value the time I spend with my wife and grandchildren. After 28 years in Denver Radio, you can't quit cold turkey. I've had a great career and I'm happy to host weekends and represent KOSI doing charitable work in our community."

more

Thread Information