Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Register

Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

Denver Weather

October 2018

S M T W T F S
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 29

0 members and 29 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 262, May 14th, 2014 at 06:49 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,473
Threads: 8,284
Posts: 10,206
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (23,106)
Welcome to our newest member, CedricLope

Visitor Map

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Default NRC Colorado Stations (KSKE FM, KKCH FM, KNFO FM, KSMT FM, KFMU FM, KRKY AM, KQZR FM, KIDN FM, KIFT FM) Sold for $2.65 Million

    From All Access:

    NRC BROADCASTING has closed on the sale of several stations in COLORADO to PETE BENEDETTI and PATRICIA MACDONALD GARBER's ALWAYSMOUNTAINTIME LLC for $2.65 million.

    The stations include AAA KSPN and Country KSKE/ASPEN, Hot AC KKCH (THE LIFT)/GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Talk-Sports KNFO/BASALT, AAA KSMT (THE MOUNTAIN)/BRECKENRIDGE, AAA KFMU (SOLAR POWERED RADIO)/OAK CREEK, Country KRKY-A/GRANBY, Regional Mexican KRKY/ESTES PARK and KGRE-A/GREELEY (EL TIGRE), Classic Rock KQZR (THE REEL)/HAYDEN, Adult Hits KIDN (THE MOUNTAIN)/HAYDEN-STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Top 40 KIFT (LIFT 106)/KREMMLING, CO, and several FM translators.

    more

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Media Newsroom View Post
    From All Access:

    NRC BROADCASTING has closed on the sale of several stations in COLORADO to PETE BENEDETTI and PATRICIA MACDONALD GARBER's ALWAYSMOUNTAINTIME LLC for $2.65 million.

    The stations include AAA KSPN and Country KSKE/ASPEN, Hot AC KKCH (THE LIFT)/GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Talk-Sports KNFO/BASALT, AAA KSMT (THE MOUNTAIN)/BRECKENRIDGE, AAA KFMU (SOLAR POWERED RADIO)/OAK CREEK, Country KRKY-A/GRANBY, Regional Mexican KRKY/ESTES PARK and KGRE-A/GREELEY (EL TIGRE), Classic Rock KQZR (THE REEL)/HAYDEN, Adult Hits KIDN (THE MOUNTAIN)/HAYDEN-STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Top 40 KIFT (LIFT 106)/KREMMLING, CO, and several FM translators.

    more
    Wait, since when did NRC ever own 102.1? I thought that American or something like that bought it from NRC and then the current owners of EL Tigre brought it from the previous owners?
    Sio it looks like NRC is out of the radio business?
    This post came from Radiodude!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    771

    Default

    I'm confused by what All Access stated there too.

    Doing an FCC search on KRKY 102.1 FM, it looks like that station was transferred from NRC to United States CP, LLC in December 2009. So not sure how it could be a part of the sale to AlwaysMountainTime (web site listing their stations is here).

    So I don't think KRKY FM and KGRE AM are part of the sale at all.

    But KRKY AM (with its 101.9 FM translator) is.

    And yes, NRC does not own any more stations.

    It puts an end to their brief history where they had made a big splash by putting on new local talker KNRC 1150 AM in June 2002 and the first US "Jack FM" in April 2004.

    They must have lost A LOT of money selling those remaining stations for that low of an amount. If anyone has the time to look up how much they bought those properties for, please do it and let us know. ;-)

    Tim Brown was the CEO of NRC Broadcasting and the NRC operation was bankrolled by his father-in-law and billionaire, Philip Anschutz.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I'm confused by what All Access stated there too.

    Doing an FCC search on KRKY 102.1 FM, it looks like that station was transferred from NRC to United States CP, LLC in December 2009. So not sure how it could be a part of the sale to AlwaysMountainTime (web site listing their stations is here).

    So I don't think KRKY FM and KGRE AM are part of the sale at all.

    But KRKY AM (with its 101.9 FM translator) is.

    And yes, NRC does not own any more stations.

    It puts an end to their brief history where they had made a big splash by putting on new local talker KNRC 1150 AM in June 2002 and the first US "Jack FM" in April 2004.

    They must have lost A LOT of money selling those remaining stations for that low of an amount. If anyone has the time to look up how much they bought those properties for, please do it and let us know. ;-)

    Tim Brown was the CEO of NRC Broadcasting and the NRC operation was bankrolled by his father-in-law and billionaire, Philip Anschutz.
    I knew I was right about that on KRKY FM. It seemed odd that Allaccess would make such a mistake like that? KRKY/KGRE is their own business?
    IT is sad that NRC decided to quite the radio business. I take it that Philip wouldn't help out his son in law to save the staton? That he is a greedy person with his money as well?
    This post came from Radiodude!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    I knew I was right about that on KRKY FM. It seemed odd that Allaccess would make such a mistake like that? KRKY/KGRE is their own business?
    IT is sad that NRC decided to quite the radio business. I take it that Philip wouldn't help out his son in law to save the staton? That he is a greedy person with his money as well?
    Well, I wouldn't use greedy when it comes to this situation or anybody who sells stations.
    You have used that word a few times towards owners when stations have been sold, and I'm not sure why.
    Radio is a business and a lot of owners have to sell or have reasons to do it that we know nothing about.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pair Of Western Colorado FM Translators Sold
    By Colorado Media Newsroom in forum Grand Junction/Western Slope Radio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 6th, 2013, 06:22 AM
  2. Colorado media telethon nets more than $1 million
    By Colorado Media Newsroom in forum Denver/Boulder/Ft. Collins OTA TV
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 19th, 2013, 11:31 AM
  3. 5.4 Million HD Radio Receivers Will Be Sold In 2013 Blogs iBiquity CEO
    By Colorado Media Newsroom in forum Denver/Boulder/Ft. Collins Radio
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
  4. Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus
    By Colorado Media Newsroom in forum Satellite, Network & All Other Areas (Not Just In Colorado) Radio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 30th, 2013, 03:30 PM
  5. Sold: Wyoming Noncomm, Colorado station extends silent STA
    By Colorado Media Newsroom in forum Wyoming Radio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 17th, 2013, 05:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0