10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 265

1 members and 264 guests
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default NRC Colorado Stations (KSKE FM, KKCH FM, KNFO FM, KSMT FM, KFMU FM, KRKY AM, KQZR FM, KIDN FM, KIFT FM) Sold for $2.65 Million

From All Access:

NRC BROADCASTING has closed on the sale of several stations in COLORADO to PETE BENEDETTI and PATRICIA MACDONALD GARBER's ALWAYSMOUNTAINTIME LLC for $2.65 million.

The stations include AAA KSPN and Country KSKE/ASPEN, Hot AC KKCH (THE LIFT)/GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Talk-Sports KNFO/BASALT, AAA KSMT (THE MOUNTAIN)/BRECKENRIDGE, AAA KFMU (SOLAR POWERED RADIO)/OAK CREEK, Country KRKY-A/GRANBY, Regional Mexican KRKY/ESTES PARK and KGRE-A/GREELEY (EL TIGRE), Classic Rock KQZR (THE REEL)/HAYDEN, Adult Hits KIDN (THE MOUNTAIN)/HAYDEN-STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Top 40 KIFT (LIFT 106)/KREMMLING, CO, and several FM translators.

more

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Media Newsroom View Post
    From All Access:

NRC BROADCASTING has closed on the sale of several stations in COLORADO to PETE BENEDETTI and PATRICIA MACDONALD GARBER's ALWAYSMOUNTAINTIME LLC for $2.65 million.

The stations include AAA KSPN and Country KSKE/ASPEN, Hot AC KKCH (THE LIFT)/GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Talk-Sports KNFO/BASALT, AAA KSMT (THE MOUNTAIN)/BRECKENRIDGE, AAA KFMU (SOLAR POWERED RADIO)/OAK CREEK, Country KRKY-A/GRANBY, Regional Mexican KRKY/ESTES PARK and KGRE-A/GREELEY (EL TIGRE), Classic Rock KQZR (THE REEL)/HAYDEN, Adult Hits KIDN (THE MOUNTAIN)/HAYDEN-STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Top 40 KIFT (LIFT 106)/KREMMLING, CO, and several FM translators.

more
    Wait, since when did NRC ever own 102.1? I thought that American or something like that bought it from NRC and then the current owners of EL Tigre brought it from the previous owners?
    Sio it looks like NRC is out of the radio business?
    This post came from Radiodude!

I'm confused by what All Access stated there too.

Doing an FCC search on KRKY 102.1 FM, it looks like that station was transferred from NRC to United States CP, LLC in December 2009. So not sure how it could be a part of the sale to AlwaysMountainTime (web site listing their stations is here).

So I don't think KRKY FM and KGRE AM are part of the sale at all.

But KRKY AM (with its 101.9 FM translator) is.

And yes, NRC does not own any more stations.

It puts an end to their brief history where they had made a big splash by putting on new local talker KNRC 1150 AM in June 2002 and the first US "Jack FM" in April 2004.

They must have lost A LOT of money selling those remaining stations for that low of an amount. If anyone has the time to look up how much they bought those properties for, please do it and let us know. ;-)

Tim Brown was the CEO of NRC Broadcasting and the NRC operation was bankrolled by his father-in-law and billionaire, Philip Anschutz.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I'm confused by what All Access stated there too.

Doing an FCC search on KRKY 102.1 FM, it looks like that station was transferred from NRC to United States CP, LLC in December 2009. So not sure how it could be a part of the sale to AlwaysMountainTime (web site listing their stations is here).

So I don't think KRKY FM and KGRE AM are part of the sale at all.

But KRKY AM (with its 101.9 FM translator) is.

And yes, NRC does not own any more stations.

It puts an end to their brief history where they had made a big splash by putting on new local talker KNRC 1150 AM in June 2002 and the first US "Jack FM" in April 2004.

They must have lost A LOT of money selling those remaining stations for that low of an amount. If anyone has the time to look up how much they bought those properties for, please do it and let us know. ;-)

Tim Brown was the CEO of NRC Broadcasting and the NRC operation was bankrolled by his father-in-law and billionaire, Philip Anschutz.
    I knew I was right about that on KRKY FM. It seemed odd that Allaccess would make such a mistake like that? KRKY/KGRE is their own business?
    IT is sad that NRC decided to quite the radio business. I take it that Philip wouldn't help out his son in law to save the staton? That he is a greedy person with his money as well?

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    I knew I was right about that on KRKY FM. It seemed odd that Allaccess would make such a mistake like that? KRKY/KGRE is their own business?
    IT is sad that NRC decided to quite the radio business. I take it that Philip wouldn't help out his son in law to save the staton? That he is a greedy person with his money as well?
    Well, I wouldn't use greedy when it comes to this situation or anybody who sells stations.
    You have used that word a few times towards owners when stations have been sold, and I'm not sure why.
    Radio is a business and a lot of owners have to sell or have reasons to do it that we know nothing about.

I just saw a speech online with Tim Brown the former CEO of NRC Broadcasting. He talked vaguely about running a business in the 2000's for 10 years that ended up losing $55 million. And how he had tried to end his life a couple of times after that.

In addition to the mountain stations in this thread, NRC owned KNRC 1510 AM, KCUV 1150 AM, KCUV 102.3 FM, KJAC 105.5 FM in Denver... so a total of around 15-16 stations when they were around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I just saw a speech online with Tim Brown the former CEO of NRC Broadcasting. He talked vaguely about running a business in the 2000's for 10 years that ended up losing $55 million. And how he had tried to end his life a couple of times after that.

In addition to the mountain stations in this thread, NRC owned KNRC 1510 AM, KCUV 1150 AM, KCUV 102.3 FM, KJAC 105.5 FM in Denver... so a total of around 15-16 stations when they were around.
    Sad that he wanted to kill himself over these stations. Will they are all with the right owners since they all are now different formats. I hope he didn't try to still take his life?

Thread Information