17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 194

0 members and 194 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Mile High Sports Format Moves To 94.1 FM/KQKS 107.5 FM HD-2

KCKK 1510 AM/93.7 FM was sold in December, so changes are coming... in fact, the closing of the sale hit the FCC database on Monday and the signal has been off the air since then.

The Mile High Sports format (Nuggets and Avs' radio home) that was on KCKK 1510 AM/93.7 FM has moved to Lincoln Financial's KQKS 107.5 FM HD-2 so that it can be put on a new FM translator coming to 94.1 FM.

You might have read here that the translator K284BR was initially moved from 94.1 FM to 104.7 FM and given more power to reach more into Denver last fall. Last Tuesday, the FCC granted a new construction permit to change the city of license for the translator to Golden, to move the transmitter from its current location of Squaw Mountain to Lookout Mountain, and to move the frequency from 104.7 FM back to 94.1 FM. I'm not sure that move gives it any better coverage since the power is lower - going from 220 watts to just 24 watts.

The translator is owned by Cedar Cove Broadcasting and is currently being used by EMF for K-Love, but Lincoln Financial/Mile High Sports must have a deal in place for the future programming of it. Mile High Sports have been working with Lincoln by letting them air most of the Nuggets and Avs' games on either KKFN or KRWZ.

I haven't heard exactly WHEN the translator will be on 94.1 FM and carrying the Mile High Sports format but I'm told it could as soon as tomorrow if all goes well. The translator seems to still be broadcasting on 104.7 FM and still carrying EMF's K-Love format as of the time of this post.

Until they reappear on the analog airwaves, you can listen to Mile High Sports via their web site or KQKS 107.5 HD-2 if you have an HD radio.

Since it has a new owner, expect KCKK 1510 AM/93.7 FM to have a new format when back on the air. Chat about that here.

Here's the predicted coverage of 94.1 FM:
    Attachment 362
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails K284BR_FX_CU.gif  

I tuned into Mile High Sports' web stream this afternoon.

They are running station ID's saying "KQKS HD-3", instead of HD-2 where my HD radio is currently finding their signal. None of their branding on their web site or twitter, saying "AM 1510 | FM 93.7" has been removed or changed as of yet.

That, along with the lack of promotion of their signal moving before yesterday makes me think these changes were a sudden thing and/or maybe still in the works, even though everyone knew KCKK had sold.

Well, that was quick. The translator is now live on 94.1 FM carrying Mile High Sports.

A new application on the translator just showed up on the FCC's site saying that "THE CONSTRUCTION PERMIT FOR K231BQ GOLDEN, CO HAS BEEN CONSTRUCTED UNDER ALL OF THE TERMS OF ITS CONSTRUCTION PERMIT. HOWEVER A NEW INPUT STATION HAS BEEN USED, KQKS LAKEWOOD, CO, FACILITY ID 35574. IT STILL COMPLIES WITH RULES REGARDING FILL-IN STATIONS. SEE MAP ATTACHED."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exhibit_1685130511.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	364

Default Mile High Sports Denver Relocates

From Radio Insight:

With the closing of the sale of 1510 KCKK Littleton/93.7 K229BS Loveland, CO from 4K’s LLC to Hunt Broadcasting, Mile High Sports has lost its LMA on the station.

After two days off the air, the Mile High Sports programming has quickly relocated to Cedar Cove Broadcasting’s 94.1 K284BR Golden (We’re currently unsure what the originating station for the programming is if there is one as the Legal ID we heard only mentioned the translator). The translator is licensed to operate with 24 watts at 216 meters and licensed to rebroadcast EMF’s 91.1 KLDV Morrison, CO.

Mile High Sports is the flagship station of the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche’s Altitude Radio Network but sublicenses most of the games to Lincoln Financial Media’s 104.3 KKFN and 950 KRWZ.

1510 and 93.7 are currently off the air, but we expect they will return with a music format. 937TheRock.com is registered to new owner Phillip Hunt. Hunt Broadcasting paid $1.6 Million in December for KCKK and K229BS.

more

Default All Access - Mile High Sports Finds New Spot On Denver Dial

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	milehighsports.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	368

From All Access:

With the sale by 4-K'S LLLP of Sports KCKK-A (MILE HIGH SPORTS 1510)/LITTLETON, CO and FM translator K229BS/LAKEWOOD, CO to HUNT BROADCASTING LLC for $1.6 million, the Sports format has moved to CEDAR COVE BROADCASTING FM translator K284BR/GOLDEN, CO, fed by the HD2 channel of LINCOLN FINANCIAL MEDIA Urban KQKS (KS107.5)/DENVER.
    The DENVER POST reports that the station was off the air MONDAY and TUESDAY of last week in preparation for the move. The station has also moved "THE PRESS BOX" with PETER BURNS and MARK KISZLA from 7-9a to 9-11a weekdays, with ERIC GOODMAN and MIKE PRITCHARD in the 7-9a slot and BRANDON SPANO 2-4p.

more

I was in Boulder today and noticed that Mile High Sports is now also on 96.9 FM there. This is K245AD, a translator I had written about a couple of years ago that was going to be moved closer to Denver. I hadn't heard anything about it for a while, so I just looked and it's application to move to KPOF 910 AM's tower in Thornton was dismissed by the FCC in June. So for now, it stays in Boulder. Even though it's licensed to Arvada, you can't get a sniff of its signal there. The translator is owned by Chuck Lontine.

Thread Information