17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 181

0 members and 181 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default KOSI 101.1 FM's Murphy Houston fighting breast cancer

From The Denver Channel:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Murphy-Houston_1399565114502_4500358_ver1.0_640_480.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	425

Long-time radio talk show host Murphy Houston has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Houston posted on Facebook that he was diagnosed three weeks ago and had surgery on Monday.

"All is well," Houston wrote on the Facebook page for his show, Murphy and Denise. "Talk to you on Monday."

"Breast cancer in men is rare, but it does happen," according to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

The group says about 1 percent of all breast cancer cases in the U.S. occur in men.

Murphy has been in radio for 25 years in Denver, 14 of those on-air with KOSI, according to KOSI's website.

Murphy and his wife, Carol, have four children and four 4 grandchildren.

You can send your well wishes to Murphy on his Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/MurphyandDenisefans

more

Default Popular radio host gets breast cancer

From 9News:

Popular radio host gets breast cancer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1399669297000-murphy-huston.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	428

Murphy Huston has shared his life over Denver Radio for 28 years. Now he is sharing the latest chapter in his journey: breast cancer.

"This is part of my story now." he said. "I know I have a voice and a message that could help other men."

Huston is a family man. He says there is nothing like being a grandpa to his seven grandchildren. He discovered his lump while he was playing with his 6-year-old grandson, Grayson.

"We were wrestling in the living room and he bumped his head against my chest and felt something strange." Grayson asked what it was.

Huston hasn't noticed it before but felt the lump on his left breast as soon as Grayson pointed it out. He got the lump checked out within days.

"You are never prepared to hear the C-word. It was breast cancer. It was really happening," he said.

Huston has been an advocate for breast cancer research an awareness for many years.

He understands the disease. He watched his wife, Carol, fight it 20 years ago.

"The same surgeon who did my surgery did my wife's surgery all those years ago," he said.

"I'm blessed," he added. "She is really able to help me through this."

They have been there for each other.

Huston says he is also humbled by the support from close friend and radio partner on KOSI 101, Denise Plante, along with so many others in the community.

"People are coming out if the woodwork to tell me they are thinking of me," he laughed. "It means a lot."

Four days out from surgery to remove the tumor, Houston is upbeat, positive, and looking for the purpose in the diagnosis.

"I always say there is a reason for things. My reason for getting cancer is to be able to go out and get the word out and make a difference in the fight against breast cancer," he said. "It is time men start talking about this more. There is nothing to be ashamed of."

Moments before our interview started, the phone rang. It was the results of the pathology tests. Good news, the cancer had not spread to his lymph nodes and the prognosis is promising.

"I'm so grateful," he said. "I know so many others who don't get that news and have such a harder fight."

more

Thread Information