17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 253

0 members and 253 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Liberal Talk KKZN 760 AM To Change Format Soon. Gloria Neal Let Go. UPDATE: Will Switch to Money/Financial & Conservative/Advice Talk on Monday May 19th

A little birdy is telling us that Clear Channel is finally changing the format on Liberal Talker KKZN 760 AM in the next few days.

The station has been near or at the bottom of the Denver/Boulder ratings for a while now.

Rob had mentioned in this thread that Clear Channel could move all of the syndicated stuff that is on KOA/KHOW (Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity) to KKZN (and rebranding the station like they did with their liberal talker in Los Angeles), and then shuffling their local shows around where they would work the best on KOA and KHOW since their (KOA's & KHOW's) ratings have taken a hit since they were made to carry Rush and Hannity live.

Default Gloria Neal Let Go. Confirms KKZN 760 AM Is Changing Format

Clear Channel Liberal Talker KKZN 760 AM morning host Gloria Neal has posted this on her Facebook page:

"If you know me, you know my default is one of positivity. In other words, I make it "Glo." I take pride in that. So, it is with great sadness that I post this update. As many of you know I have splitting my time between hosting the Gloria Neal Show on AM760 Radio from 7am -10am and being a part of the 6pm News Team on CBS4, Mon-Fri.

As of this morning, The Gloria Neal on AM760 is no more. Clear Channel is completely changing the format. The official announcement has not been made as to what the format will be, but none of current hosts will be on the new station. However, you will still be able to find me on CBS4 in the evenings during the 6pm newscast (and sometimes during the 5pm newscast).

There are no regrets, no hard feelings and no animosity. Every listener has enriched my life-whether you agreed or disagreed with me; whether I introduced you to "Mr. Click" or gave you your first "Honey Hush" it was all worth it. Thank you for welcoming me into your lives.

Please do not be discouraged. I am fine. I want you to be fine. Don't give up and remember what I always said, "...get involved, stay involved and each one, reach one." And last ...but certainly not least, please PAY ATTENTION.

Until we meet again, I'll always be...Your Mornin' Glo.
    "

Default Gloria Neal out at AM 760, amid format change

From The Denver Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glo.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	423

Brace for big changes on the local radio scene. Specifically AM 760. Gloria Neal posted on Facebook:

As many of you know I have splitting my time between hosting the Gloria Neal Show on AM760 Radio from 7am -10am and being a part of the 6pm News Team on CBS4, Mon-Fri. As of this morning, The Gloria Neal on AM760 is no more. Clear Channel is completely changing the format. The official announcement has not been made as to what the format will be, but none of current hosts will be on the new station.

“Colorado’s Progressive Talk” may be unplugging. Stay tuned for official word out of KKZN and Clear Channel.

More...

Maybe they should go back playing music again! And find a repeater or translator to put 760 on FM finally with music. That always seems to work a lot better then news or talk format. They cant do a sports format, Denver has enough sports station to last!
    This post came from Radiodude!

Default KKZN Denver To Drop Liberal Talk

From Radio Insight:

Name:	am760.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	426

Yet another of Clear Channel’s Liberal Talk stations is dropping the format. “AM 760″ KKZN Thornton/Denver is next in line to shift to another Talk variation following similar moves in recent months at sister stations in Portland and Los Angeles. Morning host Gloria Neal posted on Facebook that she had been fired as the station would be changing formats. With Randi Rhodes ending her syndicated show next week the station is losing two of its shows. Greg Foster, VP/Programming for Clear Channel Denver confirmed to the Denver Post that Neal was let go. “I can confirm that Gloria Neal’s show is no longer on KKZN and she is no longer with our company. We will be announcing new programming for KKZN in the near future.” Clear Channel registered RealTalk760.com last December that could potentially be used for KKZN. With the company also owning News/Talk/Sports 850 KOA and Conservative Talk 630 KHOW perhaps the company will follow in the footsteps of its Los Angeles and San Francisco clusters and move Rush Limbaugh off of KOA to enable it to focus on all local programming. After KKZN drops the Liberal Talk format, Clear Channel will be left with three Liberal talkers in Albuquerque, Asheville, and Madison in their portfolio.

Read more at: http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlin...-liberal-talk/

more

I hope this works? Why do they think that TALK radio is going to work on 760? For this current format has not worked or pulled in the ratings, then what makes them think that another format of "TALK" is going to work?
    It won't, real talk. They can call it whatever they want, it well never get the ratings! They need to think outside of the box, and think of something different. Something that would bring in the money and the ratings, and talk is not it!
    This post came from Radiodude!

I brought up this option in this thread when KOA 850 AM dropped to 17th, from being in the top 5 in the ratings for many many years.

It is the best thing they can do by changing KKZN 760 AM to carry the conservative national shows.

If I was the Clear Channel OM here in Denver, I would have done it 6 months ago before they killed KOA. I'm still really surprised they stood by and let this happen since they will now have to work a lot harder to get back to where they were.

The fact is, liberal talk hasn't worked on KKZN 760 AM.
    Most of that audience either listens to KCFR 90.1 FM or online and satellite radio.
    A lot of "liberals" just listen to music radio and talk isn't a format they are interested in, as much as conservative radio listeners.

No doubt, KKZN will do a little better in the ratings with the national conservative shows.

And more importantly to Clear Channel, KOA can move their local shows back to the timeslots that worked in the past that kept them in the top 5.

Default Whats a political junkie to do?

I suppose I will have to subscribe to Satellite radio. Lamentations of lost ratings! Where has this been heard before? Just about every where in the traditional TV, print media.
    I like the irony of the leading, highest ranked talkers(Rush, Hannity, Beck) pulling down stations ratings. Don’t (they the talkers), read their own revues?
    According to Holland Cooke, a radio & media consultant, part of slide began with Rushbo’s 3 day tirade (cant do that unless some else is paying the bills read Politicos expose` of right wing pay offs by conservative think tanks) a tirade against a college student and her friends choice of birth control. Cooke says that spooked advertisers overall, (who left Rush in droves) & became “snake bit” in their approach to radio media in an already parched post 2008 depression mode that persists today. Radio’s recovery prospects (share of the pie) by upstart (read the future) social media, the mobile platform and evolving demographics. Kids, young people don’t subscribe to weird uncle talk radio. I still like radio as a companion, will miss KKZN if they go the way of other west coast markets

Default Gloria Neal Exits KKZN/Denver As Talk Of Switch From Liberal Talk Swirls

From All Access:

Name:	glorianeal2014.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	427

The DENVER POST is reporting that CLEAR CHANNEL Talk KKZN-A (AM760)/DENVER 7-10a (MT) host GLORIA NEAL has exited the station amidst talk that the station will pull the plug on its liberal Talk format.

The POST's JOANNE OSTROW notes that NEAL posted on FACEBOOK that "CLEAR CHANNEL is completely changing the format. The official announcement has not been made as to what the new format will be, but none of current hosts will be on the new station." CLEAR CHANNEL owns two other Talk stations in the market, KOA-A and KHOW-A. NEAL, a former KOA anchor and host at the old KDJM (JAMMIN' 92.5) and KSYY (SASSY 107), continues her TV work at crosstown CBS O&O KCNC-TV (CBS 4).

more

Quote Originally Posted by droll View Post
    I suppose I will have to subscribe to Satellite radio. Lamentations of lost ratings! Where has this been heard before? Just about every where in the traditional TV, print media.
    I like the irony of the leading, highest ranked talkers(Rush, Hannity, Beck) pulling down stations ratings. Don’t (they the talkers), read their own revues?
    According to Holland Cooke, a radio & media consultant, part of slide began with Rushbo’s 3 day tirade (cant do that unless some else is paying the bills read Politicos expose` of right wing pay offs by conservative think tanks) a tirade against a college student and her friends choice of birth control. Cooke says that spooked advertisers overall, (who left Rush in droves) & became “snake bit” in their approach to radio media in an already parched post 2008 depression mode that persists today. Radio’s recovery prospects (share of the pie) by upstart (read the future) social media, the mobile platform and evolving demographics. Kids, young people don’t subscribe to weird uncle talk radio. I still like radio as a companion, will miss KKZN if they go the way of other west coast markets
    As a person who leans left, I find that if I want to listen to politics that aren't totally from the right wing perspective, satellite radio is the best option in the car. I also listen to podcasts and other online sources since I can stream online stations in my car from my smartphone.

Once the baby-boomers get older and pass, I think over-the-air radio will have to do something very groundbreaking since the younger generations don't listen to them much right now unless it is music.

Thread Information