17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 352

0 members and 352 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default CPT12 names Kim Johnson president-CEO

From The Denver Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kim-Johnson-Headshot-181x300.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	420

Kim Johnson, who has been with Colorado Public Television-CPT12 since 1989 and interim president-general manager for the last year, today was named president and CEO of CPT12.
    After Wick Rowland retired last year as head of Colorado Public Television (KBDI-Channel 12), the station waited a respectful year before naming its new boss.

The “year-long transition of leadership” represents a shift from Rowland’s forceful push for truly independent public television, along the lines of Britain’s Channel 4, to a more collaborative and economically sound version as espoused by others within PBS in recent years.

In naming Johnson, the board cited her “extensive experience in operations, production, legal affairs, facilities management and content development,” and noted Johnson has “produced several award winning programs that have been broadcast locally and nationally, and has directed and produced video projects for commercial enterprises.”

The move signals a more collaborative future between longtime frenemies CPT12 and Rocky Mountain PBS.
    “We are working with RMPBS, Colorado Public Radio, KUVO and other PBS outlets* Anytime we can create a better public service by working together we do so. I am a strong proponent of collaboration,” Johnson said. Historically, she said, “the two stations sometimes come together, sometimes collide. I want to have a good production working relationship with all of my media colleagues, let legacy problems and concerns and slings and arrows just stand aside. There is an increased level of cooperation at some very core areas between the two stations (KRMA and KBDI) — especially in technology and production work. There’s been a very clear shift.”

Going forward, Johnson said, will mean going “back to our roots, modifying our distribution platform, focusing more on mobile media.” First up: the first livestream of “Colorado Inside Out” Friday on the station’s website, including behind scenes material, to “put a personal face on the production.” The goal is to “demystify the process.”

Doug Price, head of RMPBS, championed Johnson’s appointment over the interim period. “I’m so pleased. I’m more excited that she got that job than that I got this job,” Price said. “With her at the helm, the collaboration will be so much more intense.”

More...

Thread Information