14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 156

0 members and 156 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,286
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,326)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default 107.1 - Someone called in to request Sublime; yeah right.

I briefly had 107.1 on (not sure why) and right after a commercial, some guy called in to request Sublime - a white rapper group from the late 90's that's commonly used as a retread on awful radio stations. The timing was absolutely perfect. Commercial ends, DJ supposedly answers the phone and the guy is there, spot on, to make his request. It wasn't like you were listening to talk radio where people commonly put down the phone while they're on hold or take a few seconds to answer when they're finally on the air.

I propose this: There wasn't really a caller requesting Sublime. This was a gimmick by the "no gimmicks" radio station to give the illusion that people actually call in to make requests. And would anyone really want to request Sublime? I think most of us with room temperature IQ would rather the Sublime noise died with the front man - who thankfully kicked the bucket from a drug overdose before he had the opportunity to perform more irritating, studio manufactured rap-noise. Add to this category Greenday, Metallica, Offspring, Beck, Beastie Boys and Korn - I could go on all day.

It's no wonder that radio station advertising is deemed worthless these days and that music radio is considered a joke.

Thread Information