17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 216

0 members and 216 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is the 107x alternative format here to stay or is it an interim stunt? Either way, I hope the new format doesn't incorporate too many voice overs and I hope they don't bring in DJs. Denver needs a solid music station without a bunch of talk and gimmicks.

Quote Originally Posted by DavieGravy View Post
    Is the 107x alternative format here to stay or is it an interim stunt? Either way, I hope the new format doesn't incorporate too many voice overs and I hope they don't bring in DJs. Denver needs a solid music station without a bunch of talk and gimmicks.
    It's no stunt. It's the real deal here, it's their new format for ever long that works out for them.
    This post came from Radiodude!

As for their sound quality, they need to tweak their Optimod or whatever they are using as an audio processor... too much overdrive in one of the stages and mid range, and not enough lows and highs. It sounds like a mess. Do that first and make the station sound good and then address any transmitter issues. Their signal has been about the same here for the last couple of years, so I'm not sure what they have been trying to do to make it better. Sound quality should be a big priority with a music format.

As for the music format, and from someone who has done alternative music formats since the mid-80s, they are playing too much "grunge". That stuff was really burned out in Denver on KBPI over the last 20 years.

They should bring in some other alternative stuff that fits the "alternative rock" format... even going back to the 80s with Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Sonic Youth, Pixies and other bands like that. And also bring in a few more tunes from the last 5-10 years. I would love to help with that if they are interested. I own pretty much every release worth playing in the alternative genre and use a lot of it on my station, Sanctuary Radio. But my station has over 6,000 songs in rotation... that's 6-10 times more than most stations. And I've gone more Industrial/Goth leaning.

It seems when I have tuned in to 107X, I'm just listening to KBPI from 1997.

Hopefully they will bring in some good jocks that know the music and the audience. There's a few jocks that have worked at 'TCL, 'BPI and a few others that are known and still around Denver that would be a good fit into that format.

Along with the change of the format..
    the caller letters KDHT is no longer, it is now known as KXDE. Makes sense really, glad to see Jeff was able to change the caller letters.

I'm not liking their playlist. They play too many tired songs that have been burned through by the "KBPI / KTCL-type" stations that pollute the airwaves. There's plenty of good "grunge" and other alternative songs they could play that would make this station more successful; but I know they won't. This format will have the same fate as hot 1071 and jack fm.

Default The New 107X In Denver Unveils On-Air Lineup And Switches To KXDE

From All Access:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107XJockPic.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	402

Following 5,000 songs in a row, MAX MEDIA Alternative KDHT (107X)/DENVER introduced the new 107X on-air lineup:

Mornings - NASTY (previously was afternoon drive at cross-town CCM+E Active Rocker KBPI for 15 years)
    Middays - WINGNUT (current Brand Manager at MAX MEDIA for past four years)
    Afternoons - GERONIMO (PD of sister Rhythmic AC KJHM)

107X PD BRIAN DEGRASSE told ALL ACCESS, "Initial feedback from the street has been great, this was 'the hole' in the market and were happy to fill the gap! With a combined 50 years of DENVER radio experience between all of the jocks, we can really hang our hats on being local and COLORADO proud."

KDHT has also offically switched call letters to KXDE.

more

I already announced it became KXDE already! I hope their afternoons doesn't take a nose dive since Nasty isn't doing that shift anymore. He was fun and entertaining to listen to when it was jack.
    So far for Nasty in the morning, it's not the same, more music, and you know? I noticed some thing else?
    They are following the same exact format as Jack did! It's almost identical in every way, with how they do the Station Id, to when they take a comemrical break. It made why wonder why they chose to do it that
    way?
    His show has taken a hit in the morning, it's not fun to listen to at all, its mostly music and music, it's not like what he had in the afternoon's at all!
    SO I hope this format works for them.

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    I already announced it became KXDE already!
    And so did I back on the 24th. LOL
    It actually was officially changed on the 27th and I had updated the radio listings then.

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    I hope their afternoons doesn't take a nose dive since Nasty isn't doing that shift anymore.
    Ratings and being able to sell the station to advertisers is what really matters to them.
    Mornings are very important to your core ratings since more people are usually listening then, than any other time. So they want their heavy-hitter there.

Quote Originally Posted by DavieGravy View Post
    I'm not liking their playlist. They play too many tired songs that have been burned through by the "KBPI / KTCL-type" stations that pollute the airwaves. There's plenty of good "grunge" and other alternative songs they could play that would make this station more successful; but I know they won't. This format will have the same fate as hot 1071 and jack fm.
    I totally agree but I haven't been able to listen much in the last few days to see if they are working on broadening it out. Hopefully they will. They really need to stay away from the stuff KBPI has run into the ground.

Been listening to them a little more lately and think they are doing well tweaking the music better for this format.

Thread Information