17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 212

0 members and 212 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Waldo Canyon Fire in Colorado Springs TV coverage

Since I grew up in the Springs (but now living in the Denver area), I've been very interested in the Waldo Canyon Fire. So I've been hitting the sites of the TV channels there... So far I've found KKTV to have the best livestream. You can watch it at: http://www.kktv.com/video/live

I couldn't find a live video feed on KXRM's site.

I tried KRDO and didn't find a video stream, only a link to their radio stream.

KOAA had a link to a live feed but it wouldn't load. Probably because of the amount of net traffic.

So I've been checking the KKTV feed every few hours. In fact, at 1:30am, they are still live and covering the fire.

It looks pretty bad (the fire). My thoughts and prayers are with everyone that is in the path of any of the fires around the state.

While other stations have been doing extended coverage, KKTV 11 has been doing 24/7 coverage on the fire in the Springs. Kudos to them! I was quite surprised when I tuned in last night at 2am to their web stream to see they were still live.

I actually found that KRDO 13 has/had the better coverage (At least IMO) mainly because I didn't have to STRAIN to hear the audio portion of the online stream (In fact, I had to turn it down in order to hear what was on either KOAA 5 or KKTV 11)

That may sound like a lame duck reason to compare coverage but I could've simply stuck with KRDO 13 either in video format or via KRDO-FM 105.5 & (If Clear Channel hadn't pulled it from their stations) KOAA 5 via iHeartRadio but anyways.....

As for KKTV 11 & KXRM 21, I didn't find either of them on radio streams

JMO & observation.....

Cheers & 73
    Pat Cook
    Englewood, CO

Thread Information