14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 168

0 members and 168 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,279
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,319)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default KMGH Anchor Anne Trujillo dealing with hair loss

From 7News' website:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...lopecia-areata

7NEWS Anchor Anne Trujillo is having more than a bad hair day: her hair problems are a medical issue.

"Bad hair days, we all have them, and now I know this could very well be a perpetual issue for me," Anne said in an email to the 7NEWS staff.

Anne has been diagnosed with alopecia areata, an autoimmune skin disease resulting in the sudden, unexplainable loss of hair on the scalp and elsewhere on the body.

While you may not have heard of alopecia areata, about two percent of people, more than 5 million Americans, have the disease.

Anne has been dealing with this surprising hair loss for three months. She's been going to doctors and finally got a diagnosis. And while her disease has a name, there is not a lot of information about what it is and how to battle it.

"It could get worse, it could get better, I don't know," Anne said. "Doctors don’t really even know what causes it. And those 'unknowns' make this condition stressful."

Anne has tried hair extensions, but she said that hasn't gone as smoothly as she hoped and viewers have been emailing and calling her asking what was going on.

She wants all of you to know her health is good.

"I’ve seen numerous doctors and have had multiple tests and I’m healthy," Anne said. "In fact, I just climbed a 14’er last weekend!"

Learn more about alopecia areata on the National Alopecia Areata Foundation's website.

Thread Information