17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 172

0 members and 172 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,607
Threads: 24,940
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (44,980)
Welcome to our newest member, IrishDunca

Visitor Map

Default KKFN 104.3 FM's Afternoon Host D-Mac Makes The Cover Of DeadSpin Over Not Paying On Bet

From Deadspin:

Hey, Stupid Sports Radio Guy, You Owe This Man $100

Last year, some dumb sports radio guy in Denver named Darren McKee did a thing that only a dumb sports radio guy would do: he bet reader Charles $100 that the Ravens would make the playoffs this year. Now, with the Ravens' season having ended without a playoff berth, it appears that McKee is not a man of his word.

Charles wrote to us looking for some help claiming his bounty, and he is mad:

This isn't a Aaron Rodgers big deal but similar situation. After the Super Bowl in February here in Denver we were still shocked by Rahim Moore's boneheaded play. But in the days following the Super Bowl there was a local Sports talk host who was going on and on about how great Joe Flacco was. He even at one point said he would take Joe Flacco over Peyton Manning for the upcoming 2013 season. Quick over view of this local sports talk show host. His name is Darren Mckee aka Dmac. He started in Denver radio on a Rock FM station before he was fired and almost beat up by the program manager. He went missing for several years before popping up on the 104.3 the Fan night show in Denver. For some reason this shock jock got a spot on Sports radio talking something he know nothing about*sports. Fast forward and someone this fraud has gotten on the biggest afternoon show with Alfred Williams. He has a media pass and attending Denver Broncos practices. He talks what he says and paints Black and white solutions to his everyday show. He always bitches about player integrity and doing what is right. Anyone who actually knows sports knows this is a guy who simply keeps the show going. Any who, he was going on and on about the ravens to the point I tweeted him over twitter (my handle is @whatthechuck303) and told him basically stop this non sense and I bet you a $100 Ravens don't make the playoffs. I didn't think he would even acknowledge my tweet but he did and took the bet. I tweeted him again to confirm this was an actual bet which he agreed. (his handle is @dmac1043) he then made another bet with a former co-worker Joel Klatt that the Ravens wouldn't make the playoffs. To which I tweeted again saying don't forget out bet Dmac, He acknowledged our bet again. Fast forward to the end of the season, after the Ravens lost to the Bengals I begun to tweet Dmac saying don't forget our bet. He won't acknowledge me now. I text the show and get no response. I am asking for your help to put this clown on blast for not owning his word and treating us little listeners as nothing he need to pay attention to. Please Deadspin, I can provide the pictures of the tweets as I still have them. Help me collect this bet from this local clown.

We're happy to help. But first, proof that a bet was made:

@dmac1043 I bet you $100 your new boy toy Flacco and Ravens don't make the playoffs next year. Have you seen their cap issues? Stop this
    — Charles (@WhatTheCHUCK303) February 8, 2013

@WhatTheCHUCK303 u r on. 100 bucks
    — Darren McKee (@dmac1043) February 8, 2013

Seems pretty cut-and-dry to us! Charles has spent the last few days trying to get McKee's attention on Twitter, to no avail:

@dmac1043 you sir lost a bet and as a twitter man owe me $100. I have the tweets if you forgot
    — Charles (@WhatTheCHUCK303) December 31, 2013

@dmac1043 the guy who is always calling athlete out for not sticking to their word and integrity issues is now ducking me for a bet he made
    — Charles (@WhatTheCHUCK303) January 2, 2014

@Gbowhit @dmac1043 is a chump. Talks all this shit on the radio about integrity and is not man enough to honor his word.
    — Charles (@WhatTheCHUCK303) January 6, 2014

And yet, no reply. And Charles tells us that McKee's made no attempt to contact him so that the bet can be settled. So we would like to deliver the following message to Darren McKee: Honor your bet, jerkface.

D-Mac had Charles call his KKFN show (The Drive with Big All & D-Mac) this afternoon and agreed to pay him on the bet.

Here's Charles at the KKFN studios this evening after getting his $100 and signing a contract for D-Mac.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bda9lgBCcAEgZIt.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	331

Thread Information