17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 167

0 members and 167 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,607
Threads: 24,940
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (44,980)
Welcome to our newest member, IrishDunca

Visitor Map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default KHOW 630 AM's Tom Martino Arrested For Assault - Hit His Wife "In The Face Once With A Closed Fist Causing A Bloody Nose". UPDATE: Pleads Guilty To Disturbing The Peace. Assault Charge Dropped.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thomas-martino-arrested-from-denver-pd.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	318

Denver Police say talk radio host Tom Martino was arrested overnight for assault and disturbing the peace.

Martino, known as the "Troubleshooter," once appeared regularly on KDVR Fox-31 and AM radio station 630-KHOW.

The name of the victim was not released. She was transported to Denver Health to be treated for her injuries.

Martino, who made his money giving consumer advice, filed for bankruptcy in 2011.

From KDVR:
    http://kdvr.com/2013/12/21/tom-marti...bance-charges/

Name:	martino.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	317

Talk radio host Tom Martino was arrested Friday night on charges of assault and disturbing the peace, the Denver Police Department confirmed Saturday.
    Martino, also known as the “Troubleshooter,” hosts a business-focused radio program on KHOW 630 AM. He previously contributed to FOX31 Denver before leaving the station in 2011.
    A female victim was transported to the hospital with undisclosed injuries, DPD reported. Her name was not released.

Martino has posted a statement to his Facebook page:

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	319

It appears that Martino's Facebook page has been deleted. I was told about another post he made after the one I posted above where he addressed some of the people that weren't very supportive of him. I wasn't able to get a screen grab in time. But the story below has part of that post and more information on the situation.

From: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24...assault-arrest

Tom Martino, "The Troubleshooter," responds to domestic assault arrest

Radio and TV personality Tom Martino spoke publicly on social media Sunday about his arrest on a domestic violence charge early Saturday.

Denver police arrested Martino at about 5 a.m. Saturday near Interstate 25 and Auraria Parkway. The woman, who has not been identified, was taken to a hospital.

"I realize I have many detractors ... (sic) and they will use this as 'ammunition' as always," Martino wrote to the 5,567 followers on his Facebook feed. "That is part of life. But for those who know my heart and soul ... for those supporting and loving Holly and I through this and other rough times recently, we want you to know how much we appreciate you."

Reached on his cellphone by The Denver Post, Martino hung up before commenting. He did not return a subsequent call asking for a comment.

Details about the incident weren't yet available Sunday, but the arrest report is expected to be made public Monday morning, said Detective John White.

Booking information shows Martino, 60, is free on $550 bail on charges of assault and disturbing the peace. He is scheduled for a Jan. 16 appearance in Denver County Court.

On Dec. 14, Martino referenced stress in his family on his Facebook page, referencing his wife, Holly.

"Haven't posted in a very long time," he stated. "Been going through a lot of family stuff. My wife's brother recently passed away. He and his family had been living with us through the treatments for cancer. He and Holly grew up like 'twins' just a year apart."

Martino, who calls himself "The Troubleshooter," has been a fixture in Denver media for three decades. He provides consumer advice, often taking combative stands, on 630-KHOW from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on weekdays.

The station had no news about Martino's arrest on its website Sunday.

Clear Channel Communications, KHOW's owner, released a statement saying the company had no comment on the arrest.

"As far as Tom's show is concerned, it is presently on its pre-scheduled vacation," the company stated.

The station's program director, Dan Mandis, said he did not know Sunday when Martino's vacation was scheduled to end.

Martino also has been the consumer advocate reporter for KCNC CBS 4 and KDVR Fox 31 during his career. He no longer works for either station. Martino threatened to sue Fox 31 after he was let go in 2011, alleging wrongful termination and age discrimination while he was fighting off bankruptcy allegations.

Martino's Facebook post Sunday drew reaction from supporters, including 86 people who "liked" his comment four hours after it was posted, along with dozens of comments.

"I have know (sic) Tom and Holly for years both personally and professionally," wrote Rob McNealy of Salt Lake City. "I have been in their home. There (sic) are a legit and loving couple. Tom is one of the most kind and generous people I know. Give them the benefit of the doubt."

Other commenters weren't supportive.

"To title us 'detractors' is about as irresponsible as your behavior — just call us concerned 'responders' as you need to quit masking your selfish ignorance and face up to reality," wrote Bob Lyons of Aurora. "You did go to jail last night, remember?"

From 9 News:

Tom Martino's wife suffers 'bloody nose' in weekend assault

Name:	131223031126_tommartinomug.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	321

Consumer advocate and radio personality Tom Martino is not commenting on revelations he and his wife waited to report a domestic violence situation that occurred in their car while in Denver Friday night until they returned home to the city of Columbine Valley, in Arapahoe County.

According to a Denver Police report, Martino and his wife Holly began arguing in their vehicle while at an unknown red light near Auraria Parkway and Interstate 25. Martino was driving the car while his wife was in the passenger seat.

The probable cause statement against Martino says Holly tried to get out of the vehicle during the argument at the stop light but was stopped by Martino who "put his arm around the victim" to keep her inside. The court record goes on to say that, "when the light turned green the suspect drove away and they continued arguing."

That is when the report says Martino hit his wife "in the face once with a closed fist causing a bloody nose." Denver Police were notified by the Columbine Valley Police Department and they arrived at the Martino home at 11:15 p.m.

Martino was jailed and issued a Denver city citation for disturbing the peace and assault.

Martino, known to his listeners as the consumer advocate "The Troubleshooter," has shut down his Facebook page after many people responded to the comments he issued on the page following news of the alleged assault broke over the weekend.

He also issued a statement to 9Wants to Know Sunday morning:

"Holly and I remain deeply in love and committed to each other and to our family.

The incident that happened Friday night was a foolish mistake. We were both drinking too much. We got into an argument that escalated over a struggle for a cell phone. We were both inadvertently injured and we were not trying to hurt each other.

My over-reaction was uncalled for. I am ashamed of my behavior. I should've walked away. I also believe alcohol was a major catalyst. We are dealing with our issues through professional Christian spiritual counseling, with mutual love and support. We advise anyone dealing with these struggles to seek help before there is an incident."

9Wants to Know attempted to talk to Martino Monday to ask if the "alcohol" involved in the incident he mentioned in the statement was consumed before or after he was driving the car. He has not responded to our questions.

Martino was released from jail Saturday. Police say Holly was transported to Denver Health to be treated for her injuries. Martino, who made his money giving consumer advice, filed for bankruptcy in 2011.

Martino's syndicated show is aired on KHOW radio. Management there issued a statement Sunday, "Clear Channel has no comment at this time. As far as Tom's show is concerned, it is presently on its pre-scheduled vacation."

KHOW opted not to renew the contract of another long-time radio host Peter Boyles earlier this year following an investigation into a work-place incident in which he was accused of assaulting a co-worker. No charges were ever filed in that case.

Denver police are not charging Martino with driving while intoxicated because they say there is not enough evidence to convict him. Authorities were not notified of the incident until the Martino's were at home and no longer in the car.

more

The troublemaker. First bankruptcy, then battery. This guy is a first class screw up. At least his wife has a sexy voice. And I won't be patronizing any business on his referral list due to their crappy reviews on google.

Default Radio talk-show lineups changing in January -- will Tom Martino be a part of them?

From Westword:

Radio talk-show lineups changing in January -- will Tom Martino be a part of them?

Name:	tommartinomug.205-thumb-205x205.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	325
    Troubleshooter in trouble?

Do touch that dial! Because when you switch on your radio after the new year's festivities, you'll find some changes at Denver's local talk stations. Peter Boyles, who moved to KNUS 710 AM after Clear Channel fired him last summer, is beating the competition at his new gig, which will expand by an hour on January 6, giving him his old, familiar time slot of 5 to 9 a.m. And what's happening to the colleagues he left behind at Clear Channel? The lineups are changing there, too -- some because of corporate dictates, some because of unexpected developments.
    At powerhouse KOA at 850 AM, the changes are dictated by some of the big national talkers now required to air live. So The Colorado Morning News is adding an hour, with Steffan Tubbs and April Zesbaugh stretching from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. on January 6; they'll be followed by Rush Limbaugh, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. That pushes Mike Rosen back to the afternoons, from 1 to 3 p.m.

The live requirement also extends to The Sean Hannity Show, which will run live from 1 to 4 p.m. on sister station KHOW 630 AM, followed by Mike Brown from 4 to 7 p.m., and then Glenn Beck. But that's just the start of the changes at KHOW. Mandy Connell, the Louisville import who replaced Boyles, will get another hour in the morning, too, from 5 to 10 a.m. She's supposed to be followed by Tom Martino from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. But will she be?

Rumors have been flying that Martino has been canned by the station, which let Boyles go after an incident when he grabbed his producer by his lanyard. And how does that compare to Martino's current charges of assault and domestic violence, with a hearing scheduled in Denver court on January 16? Boyles didn't bloody anyone's nose, but his altercation was on the set -- and in the middle of contract negotiations. Martino is accused of assaulting his wife -- outside the office; he's blamed alcohol for stirring up the situation.

Asked about the rumors, the station said that they're just rumors, and that Martino is on holiday vacation. The last show information on the KHOW site is for December 23, two days after his arrest, when Martino's holiday fill-in was supposed to talk about "lease questions and DUIs."

more

Perhaps KHOW should replace the current shot on their web site with the mug shot. The "closed fist" picture may not be appropriate, Clear Channel. Just sayin'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumb.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOverdrive View Post
    Perhaps KHOW should replace the current shot on their web site with the mug shot. The "closed fist" picture may not be appropriate, Clear Channel. Just sayin'.
    i just had to chime in. that is the best. that's just a freaking awesome pic.
    anyone who's been thru that building in the last 20 years has firsthand experience with the guy. It's just too bad on many fronts.

is his thing a CC product now? i remember he actually belonged to WW1 or somesuch and leased out khow or some weird situation.

Martino is live today.

Just goes to show you that if your name is Boyles and you yell and rip the lanyard off of the Sheiks neck, you get fired. But if you hit your wife, that is ok because you didn't hit her at work.

Way to go Tom, glad you proved you are a real man and can beat up the old lady.

Says on the radio, there are personal matters going on that he can't talk about. Good. I was afraid you would say "I'm an a$$hole."

Tommy, did you ever hear that men don't hit women? Guess not, but i'm telling you they don't. Not a real man anyway. You are not a real man.

Thread Information