17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 363

0 members and 363 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

The new format for KCKK-A-K229BS/DENVER under new owner HUNT BROADCASTING LLC is a music format, with the DENVER POST reporting that the stations, previously airing a Sports format programmed by MILE HIGH SPORTS, are now airing "the greatest songs of the rock decades, from the 1960s through today" as 93.7 THE ROCK.

Market veterans JIM AND WOODY are hosting mornings, D.J. MCCOY is in middays, and CHUCK BUELL will host afternoons.

MILE HIGH SPORTS recently moved to FM translator K284BR/GOLDEN, CO, fed by the HD2 channel of LINCOLN FINANCIAL MEDIA Urban KQKS (KS107.5)/DENVER

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...ce-of-the-rock
    This post came from Radiodude!

Default Hunt Broadcasting Debuts ''93.7 The Rock'' in Denver

From Radio Online:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KCKK-FMLarge.gif 
Views:	17 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	374

Hunt Broadcasting flips Sports/Talk KCKK-AM and K229BS-FM/Denver to a Rock music format as "93.7 The Rock" with the tag line "The Greatest Songs of the Rock Decades From the 1960s Through Today." According to the Denver Post, the stations were previously programmed by Mile High Sports, which recently moved to translator K284BR-FM in the suburb of Golden, CO.

Market vets Jim and Woody will co-host mornings, while D.J. McCoy airs in middays and longtime radio fixture, formerly of WLS and crosstown KIMN-FM, Chuck Buell hosts afternoon drive.

KCKK-AM and its translator on 93.7 FM were sold to Hunt for a reported $1.6 million in December, 2013.

more

It sounds like a very good lineup for this format.

I grew up listening to DJ McCoy in the 70s and 80s when he ruled radio in Colorado Springs. I got into radio partly because of him and the other personalities that were at KIIQ 102.7 FM and the legendary Top 40 KYSN 1460 AM Colorado Springs. I was lucky enough to work at the same station as him for my first radio gig when I was still in high school. I never ran into him though since I was nights and he was mornings. LOL

I think it's a very good thing that besides just the music, "The Rock" will have personalities that will entertain... and be live.

"The Rock" has a Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/937Therock

Default Hal Moore Joining Adult Hits KCKK 93.7 FM/1510 AM (The Rock)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hal moore photo.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	416

Hal Moore, a 54 year radio vet, is joining the crew at Adult Hits KCKK 93.7 FM/1510 AM The Rock on Saturdays 10am-2pm. Moore, a young 74 years old, was last on Oldies KRWZ 950 AM before getting laid off in 2012. He began his career in Denver at KIMN 950 AM and later teamed up with the late Charlie Martin for the "Hal and Charlie Show" on KHOW 630 AM.

Stations where Moore has worked include: KSO, Des Moines, IA, 1959; KIOA, Des Moines, 1961; KIMN, Denver, 1964; WHK, Cleveland, OH, 1967; WKYC, Cleveland, 1968; and Denver stations KHOW, 1969; KEZW, 1996; KCKK, 1998; KXKL, 2001; Jones/Dial-Global Net, 2002; and KRWZ, 2008.

Here's the weekday lineup at KCKK:
    6am-10am: The Jim & Woody Morning Show
    11am-3pm: DJ McCoy
    3pm-7pm: Chuck Buell

I hope this station can be a success. They are the "anti-ClearChannel." They are live and local, using veteran DJs and playing a wide variety rather than some small list of hits based on what some consultant says.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Jam View Post
    I hope this station can be a success. They are the "anti-ClearChannel." They are live and local, using veteran DJs and playing a wide variety rather than some small list of hits based on what some consultant says.
    I totally agree! I miss the days when there were many different mom and pop radio station owners in a city... not just a few big corporations voice-tracking everything with formats developed from somewhere else. I really hope "The Rock" can succeed and keep growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Jam View Post
    Are you kidding? This station is making radio history as we speak! I mean, as soon as they went live online and on the air (even online) people across this country started to tune in! They got people listing as far away as Virginia, and that is thru their website.
    Now they are (thanks to me) are on TUNEIN.com. Yes to me, because I suggested to Janice about tunein.com and she was so excited about it! Why not? Now she has a free way for everyone in the WORLD to listen to her station. So yes, this station well last and you know why?
    The MUSIC man! Despite, she has no 90's or nothing from today's music at the moment, but it sure does play alot of classics that no other station plays and people LOVE IT! (Go figure). The personalities are great to, she did a super job on finding them.

Tunein is only a directory of stations that stream on the internet. They link to a station's existing streams. My stations are on there. Tunein makes money by trying to get listeners to tune in through them, instead of going through a station's web site or app. I think most radio stations would want their listeners to tune in through their own web site or app. I get listeners from all over the world and most stations that stream do.

How are they making history?
    I mean, I think it's great what they are doing, but not sure what you mean by "making radio history".

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Tunein is only a directory of stations that stream on the internet. They link to a station's existing streams. My stations are on there. Tunein makes money by trying to get listeners to tune in through them, instead of going through a station's web site or app. I think most radio stations would want their listeners to tune in through their own web site or app. I get listeners from all over the world and most stations that stream do.

How are they making history?
    I mean, I think it's great what they are doing, but not sure what you mean by "making radio history".
    Even so, it is a great way for any station to go thru. Then that way ( as I mention) they don't have to make up their own app at all. They do get tons of listeners, and how did they make radio history? What station
    can you tell me ROB has ever attracted so many listeners (from day one) online and over the air in their first wk alone? Not many, but this station sure has gotten listeners from around here and in the east.
    They got that to, but i suggested to Janice Hunt about Tunein, and some people so far were excited about that. That is what i mean by making radio history in this area. She found a great mix of music so far (and whenever she adds in the 90's all the way to today) then it should be better.

Btw have you noticed that (denverradio,net) account has finally been suspend? So much for that board

Thread Information