14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 98

0 members and 98 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,239
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,279)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I've been listening to them over the past couple of days and to me, they sound like they are trying to imitate Jack. I've heard The Beatles, Joe Cocker, Adele and Katy Perry and just about everything in between. They seem to be having a few problems though. Today I heard Steam's "Nah Nah Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" twice within a half hour.

Will you know, they have to learn to program the computers, and how to let them run on it's own. I am sure it's not an easy task to do at all! Considering, they have to have some one that has knowledge of
    how to use the program to run the music, and how to time it right? So they want to be an everything station? At least the new owners thought of what to use the frequency for? So like pop-rock I am assuming?
    This post came from Radiodude!

It's an AC format that skews older than Jack does. And a little mellower at times. Oldies AC.

I'm sure they will get all of the bugs worked out soon. You always have a plan in place, but with electronics and software, you just never know what you will run into.

They now have live DJ's. Mornings it is Jim and Woody who said the used to work at KLAK. Then they said starting this afternoon, listen to the Chuck Buell show. I do remember Chuck, tho not sure what station he worked at in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFloyd View Post
    They now have live DJ's. Mornings it is Jim and Woody who said the used to work at KLAK. Then they said starting this afternoon, listen to the Chuck Buell show. I do remember Chuck, tho not sure what station he worked at in Denver.
    I think Chuck Buell was at KIMN in the 60s. The legendary WLS in Chicago as MD in the 70s. And back in Denver at Y-108 doing mornings in the 80s.

I did some searching on Google and looks like Chuck used to work at the old KRXY Y-108 and KIMN 950.

Default Denver Gets A Piece Of 'The Rock'

From All Access:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kckkamnew2014.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	375

The new format for KCKK-A-K229BS/DENVER under new owner HUNT BROADCASTING LLC is a music format, with the DENVER POST reporting that the stations, previously airing a Sports format programmed by MILE HIGH SPORTS, are now airing "the greatest songs of the rock decades, from the 1960s through today" as 93.7 THE ROCK.

Market veterans JIM AND WOODY are hosting mornings, D.J. MCCOY is in middays, and CHUCK BUELL will host afternoons.

MILE HIGH SPORTS recently moved to FM translator K284BR/GOLDEN, CO, fed by the HD2 channel of LINCOLN FINANCIAL MEDIA Urban KQKS (KS107.5)/DENVER

more

Default Radio Insight - The Rock Lands In Denver

Name:	937therock-150x75.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	373

From Radio Insight:

Following the relocation of Mile High Sports to 94.1 last week, Hunt Broadcasting has launched Variety Hits “93.7 The Rock” K229BS Loveland/1510 KCKK Littleton, CO.

The new station’s format will feature “the greatest songs of the rock decades, from the 1960s through today” with an emphasis on local news, weather and sports. Jim & Woody will host mornings, D.J. McCoy, most recently at KATC Colorado Springs will host middays, and former KIMN and WLS Chicago DJ Chuck Buell will be heard in afternoons.

more

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Media Newsroom View Post

Name:	937therock-150x75.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	373

From Radio Insight:

Following the relocation of Mile High Sports to 94.1 last week, Hunt Broadcasting has launched Variety Hits “93.7 The Rock” K229BS Loveland/1510 KCKK Littleton, CO.

The new station’s format will feature “the greatest songs of the rock decades, from the 1960s through today” with an emphasis on local news, weather and sports. Jim & Woody will host mornings, D.J. McCoy, most recently at KATC Colorado Springs will host middays, and former KIMN and WLS Chicago DJ Chuck Buell will be heard in afternoons.

more
    How can they use the translator at 93.7 in loveland when Pirate radio at 93.5 overiders it and then there is Way FM at 93.9??? It just doesn't work up here since no one can tune in?

Hey 93.7 isn't out of loveland.. It is out of Lakewood! I knew that info was wrong.

Thread Information