17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 204

0 members and 204 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default KCKK 1510 AM/93.7 FM Sold To Hunt Broadcasting. UPDATE: Goes Adult Hits "93-7 The Rock"

I was browsing the stations for sale on Radio/TV Deals and found this ad:

"COLORADO - DENVER-TOP 20 MARKET HIGH POWER AM WITH FM TRANSLATOR
    ASKING PRICE JUST REDUCED!

Asking Price $1,950,000.00

This is a high power AM with full market coverage of a top twenty market. The sale would include an excellent FM translator. The station was recently completely rebuilt with a new directional antenna system, transmitter and standby. It has a long term antenna site lease with a new owned building. This is a great dynamic market that includes a very substantial Hispanic population.

Buyer could purchase the AM station without the FM translator for a reduced price.
    "

Could this be an ad for Mile High Sports KCKK 1510 AM and K229BS 93.7 FM? I think so since they are the only AM with an FM translator station in the Denver market right now...

That's what I figured when I saw the ad.

Default KCKK 1510 AM Denver & 93.7 FM Lakewood Sold To Hunt Broadcasting.

From All Access:

4-K'S LLLP is selling Sports KCKK-A (MILE HIGH SPORTS 1510)/LITTLETON, CO and FM translator K229BS/LAKEWOOD, CO to HUNT BROADCASTING LLC for $1.6 million.

more

So, I wonder what they are going to do with KCKK?
    This post came from Radiodude!

Hopefully 24/7 Gil Whiteley. I just can't get enough of that voice of his.

I believe they're just flippers, not actual operators.

Default KCKK 1510 & 93.7 Off Air?

KCKK has been off the air since at least Monday morning. Any reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFloyd View Post
    KCKK has been off the air since at least Monday morning. Any reason why?
    They are upgrading their signal and will be back on the air.

KCKK 1510 AM/93.7 FM was sold in December, so changes are coming... in fact, the closing of the sale hit the FCC database on Monday and the signal has been off the air since then.

The Mile High Sports format (Nuggets and Avs' radio home) that was on KCKK 1510 AM/93.7 FM has moved to Lincoln Financial's KQKS 107.5 FM HD-2 so that it can be put on a new FM translator coming to 94.1 FM. More on the future of Mile High Sports move at this thread.

Default KCKK 1510 AM/93.7 FM New Format Is...

Since it has been sold and there's probably a new format coming very soon to KCKK 1510 AM/93.7 FM...I ask...

What would you put on KCKK 1510 AM/93.7 FM?

No "unique" formats that only cater to you and 5 of your friends...

Answer as if you are a station owner and NEED to make a profit.

And of course it is a given that you need an awesome sales staff to sell commercials on whatever format you have so that the bills are paid. I've seen a few top 10 stations change formats because management and the sales staff had no clue how to sell the format to advertisers...

I'm thinking that there are only a limited amount of formats that would work since we already have a glutton of signals in Denver. Also, 93.7 FM's signal isn't a 100,000 watt boomer than can get into a lot of workplaces during the day, so that also puts another limit on the station I think... so here's my picks in the order I think would do the best. Let me know yours.

1) Alternative 80s & early 90s. Classic Alternative is the "oldies" format for those of us 40+ people now.... The demographics of the people who grew up with and listen to this music is right in the sweet spot for a lot of advertisers. I think there's a big format gap in Denver that a new station can fill that KTCL isn't doing a very good job at - but a lot of KTCL listeners still "deal with" now. Mix in "a little" of the newer Alternative stuff and you will get a good chunk of the 20 to 30-somethings tuning in as well. Previous history in the Denver market with Indie 101.5 and 92x with their subpar signals at the time still showed those stations could get good ratings. You could pull listeners from KTCL, KBCO, KBPI and KALC with this one. This would be my first choice by far.

2) Classic Country. I think that there could be an opening for this format in Denver. It wouldn't be a top 10 in the 12+ ratings, but possibly do well enough. And a lot of Country listeners don't mind listening on an AM signal.

3) Spanish. Denver has a huge Hispanic population. Done right with the right PD, it could do well being an AM/FM combo.

4) Soft AC/Easy Listening Oldies/Nostalgia. It could do well if you could get some of the listeners to Nostalgia KEZW, Oldies KRWZ, Classic Hits KXKL and AC KOSI. But this demo is quickly aging and not a priority to advertisers like the other formats I listed. And you would face a lot more competition with this format.

5) CHR Dance. This was the format that was on 107.1 FM before it became "Jack FM". The station did between 1.0 and 1.5 with this format, a lot better than the Jack format has done. The problem was that they had a hard time selling advertising. Get the right sales staff in there and it could be a good fit.

Thread Information