17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 97

0 members and 97 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default KDEB 1470 AM Estes Park

Will I went to Estes Park today, and to also see how well Hwy 34 is up to Estes and i have to say the drive was nice and smooth. Saw them working on the side of the road (left side) stlll, but all and all they did a good job on the temporary road. There is now fewer passing lanes (going up) but that's ok. ANyways, I was curious if 1470 was on the air or off the air?

Well it turns out it is on the air and it is playing some kind of country music format, and not to mention the signal was quite weak, while I was in Estes Park. I was kinda baffled on while the signal was so weak while being in Estes Park? Before you could pick it up just fine?
    This post came from Radiodude!

Maybe they suffered some storm damage and are on lower power or a different transmitter location...

The station is operating with a Special Temporary Authority using a half size dipole and only 30 watts. That is why it is so weak. Visit the KSIR web site for a diagram of the antenna and more information about the STA. You can also share your reception reports in the blog area.
    Last edited by audioguy; December 28th, 2013 at 05:18 PM.

Default KDEB off the air permanently; license returned to FCC

The owner of KDEB Estes Park returned the license to the FCC on January 14, 2014 and it has been canceled. Unfortunately this means that there will probably never be another AM station in Estes. It is the end of an era. A copy of the letter is posted on the KSIR Tribute web site; http://ksir1470.reihl.org/.

Sad news. I wonder why Vic Michael just didn't donate the station to the group who had worked there before that were interested in buying the station...

I'm guessing Vic's too busy putting out fires with his FM upgrade project outside of Omaha https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/CDBS_...um=1&exhcnum=1 Air navigation problems with Offutt AFB resulting in a downgrade.

Seems a shame to see a license go dark, but given current rules and current NIMBY attitudes for new tower in a fairly toney community, keeping 1470 alive just wan't worth the effort, I suspect

Here is an update on 1470 AM in Estes Park-- the town is putting 1470 AM back on the air as a Traveler's Information Station (TIS). They have been conducting tests and plan to have the station functioning by January. It will operate with 10 watts in accordance with FCC regulations for this type of station. Don't expect the signal to travel too far into the park or down into the canyon at this power level, but it will serve an important purpose for the residents of the town site. Unfortunately, it will have the awful audio quality that goes with the FCC mandated 3 kHz bandwidth limit but it will be nice to hear a signal on 1470 again. We will have more info on the KSIR 1470 Tribute Web Site as it becomes available.

Thread Information