17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 238

0 members and 238 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Deal fell thru for "Jack" syndicator to have format remain with KJAC

Well it seems like the company that owns 102.3 ESPN/105.5 doesn't want Jack after all! I was just told that their deal fill thru to get Jack back with that company. So now they are going to try to convince either Clear Channel, or Entercom or Lincoln Financial to change one of their stations for a Jack format. Since they won't buy 102.9 (which I suggested that they do) since I don't see either one of those companies wanting to go with a Jack DJ less format.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Really, the deal fell through for Dial Global who syndicates the Jack format. The owners of KJAC wanted to drop it for a while. I doubt any stations in the Denver area will pick it up again. It just wasn't a ratings winner.

So these "jack" wads can't fix that 60 Hz ground loop buzz? Do these sports fanatics not realize their signal sounds like total crap? Jesus Christ! I can do better with my home setup.
    Last edited by DavieGravy; September 29th, 2012 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rob View Post
    Really, the deal fell through for Dial Global who syndicates the Jack format. The owners of KJAC wanted to drop it for a while. I doubt any stations in the Denver area will pick it up again. It just wasn't a ratings winner.
    Yep, so that means no more Jack in Northern Colorado. What a surprise huh? Plus I doubt it if they can convince anyone at Entercom or Clear Channel or Lincoln Finanical Media to carry jack. That would mean laying off a bunch of personalities and running it on auto. I doubt it if they would go for that idea.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Yep, so that means no more Jack in Northern Colorado. What a surprise huh? Plus I doubt it if they can convince anyone at Entercom or Clear Channel or Lincoln Finanical Media to carry jack. That would mean laying off a bunch of personalities and running it on auto. I doubt it if they would go for that idea.
    If it was a ratings/sales winner, no company would care about laying people off to have a station that made more money for them. Most music stations now aren't live. Maybe a Cheyenne station or a signal on the fringe of the market that is hurting will pick it up. It's cheaper though to just load a computer that will run station automation software with 300-500 songs from the same format as Jack, and do a new station without paying extra for the "Jack" branding.

Thread Information